What is he thinking???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What is he thinking???

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

randirose
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 2:09 am #90997
    What is he thinking???

Hi!

I have this guy friend (age 22) who I (age 20) met through a semester long group project at school. We got along well from the start and I had felt like we were good friends. A few weeks ago we were watching a movie when he initiated a kiss and one thing led to another. We didn’t have sex then but decided that we would be friends with benefits. About a week later, he came over and we were so close to having sex (no clothing and he was ready to enter me). He couldn’t get it up. He said he was nervous/ that this (us) had alway been there. I had no idea!
    He was so frustrated and kept going on about how much he wanted to this, etc.so I don’t think it was a lack of interest in me. I made it very clear to him that it was okay, I didn’t mind. He was still very upset. Later that night, I sent him 10 drunk texts basically saying I found him sexy. I sent an apology text, he didn’t respond. I sent another text the next day asking if we were okay. He responded “we’re good. just chill.”

randirose
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:57 am #90998

I responded “okay, good. I just dont want things to be weird between us.” No reply.
    Next day, I sent him a link related to something we are both interested in. No reply.
    And later that day, I left him a voicemail offering him a job because thats what he does and he is good at it. No reply.

I don’t know what he is thinking???? Did I do something wrong…he did say were we were good though? Is our friendship done (I honestly dont care about the physical)?
    What do I do?

I was thinking of justing texting him “hey”- it has been two weeks.

Please help! All advice greatly appreciated!

Louie97
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 10:33 am #91015

Omgggg. This situation is almost identical to what I’m currently going though, the only difference is me and the guy never got near the physically intimate level like you and the guy, plus the guy is a total douchebag who told me I’m annoying?!!!!? Anyways….enough about me, seems like you guys were going pretty good until he failed to “get it up”. I don’t know, but I’m getting g the feeling he’s embarrassed about that and that’s the reason why he’s acting so distant. Ignore him for now and see if he comes around…if he doesn’t move onto bigger and better things in 2016 sweetheart. Don’t waste your time on his immature tail. Good luck

Robdog93
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 6:55 am #91084

Well said 🙂

ZaraLoveNever
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 11:32 pm #91195

I would honestly let it go or just be straight up and ask him what’s up and that he should be honest with you.

Brook
    Participant
    January 8, 2016 at 5:39 pm #91381

Well you already got good advice up there. Give him a break and ignore him for now. You don’t want to seem desperate. He will be curious at the change and hopefully reach out to you. If not, baby there are a lot of fishes in the ocean.

whit
    Participant
    January 9, 2016 at 8:23 am #91386

Generally I think no response is a response in itself. If he can’t take 12 seconds to respond when you are obviously worried, he doesn’t care enough about you to be someone worth holding on to. If he does start texting again I would be cautious. Good luck!!