What is she doing and should I text her or wait it out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• TheForgottenLeader
    Participant
    February 9, 2017 at 5:56 pm #126384

Women, I need your help in a bad way! I met this girl online, almost 2 weeks ago. I think she’s brilliant, she’s not like most other girls I meet, she’s different. She’s smart, kind, fun and pretty.

Anyway, I was texting her and everything was going great. I asked her out for coffee, she said yes, and we met up. She seemed to have a good time with me, we clicked and the conversation was chilled and fun. She told me she had a good time, and I said I’d text her later on.

Later that night, I asked her to come out to the movies with me one of the days, and she said yes! We arranged a time and day, picked a movie etc., but the coffee date was last Tuesday, and the cinema date is next Monday. When texting her between these days, she doesn’t text me as much as she did when we were texting first. Idk why! im getting 1 word answers sometimes if I text her, but she still sends pictures of herself sometimes on snapchat too. We’re both in eary 20s and in college, if that matters 😊

omghny
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm #126619

She may be playing hard to get or simply she just prefers to talk then text. It could be that she texted more often before because she hasn’t met you yet but now that she did, she likes to talk to you face-to-face or on the phone. The fact that she’s still snapping you is a good sign 🙂 I, myself, prefer to talk in person than texting because there’s things to talk about and it keeps the person anticipated to see you! Good luck on the date 😉

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  omghny.
    F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 9:34 am #126658

Texting women can feel like a mindfield.

The truth is that the vast majority of men are awkward and clumsy at messaging. If I’ve just described you, then you need to message her as little as possible. You WILL lower her interest with inane messages – especially early on.

I would suggest reading up on something called “text-game” for a start.

But, if you want a result here and now with this woman, keep it simple. Get her out in the flesh, and use messaging for that purpose.

In the downtime, allow her to come and seek your attention with her picture messages. Let her come to you.

barvazyarok
    Participant
    March 17, 2017 at 8:24 am #130377

Either she’s nervous, or she’s busy, or she’s changed her mind. Just go out again and see what kind of vibe you get. But already get in your mind she may be ghosting you, so you don’t get too disappointed.

Spongebob123
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 12:51 pm #130469

Try not to overthink things. She might just prefer more face to face. Saving conversation for when you meet in person

mmk1
    Participant
    March 19, 2017 at 12:23 am #130489

It’s normal to feel unsure or nervous in this stage of getting to know someone. You dont really know much about her yet ( I assume) – there’s a possibility that she might not be ready to date if she was in a relationship before, and she might want to take things slow. If she’s really interested in you, she’ll show you she is.