What is the guy doing? Is he trying to play me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

VintageGore
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm #57309

So, I met this guy over a year ago during the summer. We were working at the same place but we never really talked, but I always felt some sort of attraction towards him.

Fast forward to like 7 months ago, he finds me on Facebook and we start talking, a lot. Normal conversation mostly, but he was texting me ALL DAY EVERY DAY for a while then suddenly stopped. I had a boyfriend at the time so if he was catching feelings and wanted to stop talking I get that and respect it.

My boyfriend and I are taking some space for now and this guy knows it and started casually flirting with mr, and even made an two hour drive to hang out with me and I could tell he was nervous as hell to be around me so I thought he was legit. He’s really honest (or so I thought) and chill. After that day we talked more, and he was messing with via text in a sexual nature and being flirtacious and He was telling me he hasn’t met or talked to any girls all like that, then don’t I see he was posting about -c

VintageGore
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm #57310

Seeing some great girl this weekend and im like? What? We aren’t serious so I didn’t sweat it too much but he seems so straight forward and like a good dude and he’s really opened up to me about his morals and values but he just publicly made me look stupid. He deleted the post ten minutes later but I caught it. He hasn’t talked to me at all. We were building a solid friendship overall as well and I’m really disappointed and confused as to why he did this.
    I haven’t told him I liked him, nor has he legitimately, but I made it clear to him I felt something was there. Its really weird. He doesn’t seem like a player and he said he had so much respect for me because there’s “not a lot of girls like me out there” was he blowing smoke up my ass?

CadenceMarcl
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 8:54 am #57654

I honestly think he’s trying to play you

vivrant__thing
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 7:04 pm #57813

So, this guy Alex is interesting. By that I mean, hes seemingly attractive and knowledgeable on certain topics, but Im still unsure of him. He literally writes me once to twice a day and Idk why. Is he doing that as some sort of game, or is he using online dating as some way of communicating with various women, but never actually dating one? My imagination bothers me. Why hasnt he complimented me or said much of anything nice? If he’s not into me, why would he have messaged me on OkCupid, after me deleting POF and not replying… I mean that is what he did; not respond to the message, but randomly message me on this site… He also doesnt reply to messages but I ‘ll see that hes online. Why even message me again if you hadnt said anything before
    Update!!!! Hes an asshole! He NEVER liked me! I feel so small
    He lied to me and was hurtful and couldnt even say sorry!!!!! Why did he even message me? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? To play some sick game?!!