DATING ADVICE FORUM

What is this FWB or more?

Author
    Comments

• veo_88
    Participant
    October 23, 2016 at 12:05 am #114972
    What is this FWB or more?

I moved back to my home state. And I just started to talking to my old crush. He’s literally the boy next door. I was friends with his sisters and him when we were kids. But not more. I always had a huge crush on him. Suddenly we started talking online. Started flirting and stuff. We both have a kid from a previous relationship bit neither of us were married. Well as things started to get heated in the flirting he asks me if were on the same page. I said i don’t know and told him jokingly I had a crush on him. He told me were on the same page then. But then right after that he just wanted to be friends with benefits. Honestly that’s cool with me. I don’t know what I want with him because we only talked a few times online even though we live in the same town. We made plans to meet up and hang out. then he starts asking me all kinds of questions of what do I like and what I do. Have I been friend zoned totally or is he just being cautious like me?

italgina17
    italgina17
    Participant
    October 23, 2016 at 11:54 am #114977

Good question. well, you have to sit and talk with this guy and straight up ask him if he just wants to be fwb or more. that is the only way you will find out what he truly wants. Always be cautious. If he doesnt introduce you to his friends as his girlfriend then you should sit down and talk to him and find out what is going on.

veo_88
    Participant
    October 24, 2016 at 3:41 pm #114999

Thanks. Tried to ask him straight put. He just repeated what he said but then wants to hang out with me and my family. So I don’t known if he’s scared/not ready but does wanna get to know me or if he’s justhe looking for sex. I’m gonna just proceed with caution and be real open about my feelings or lack thereof. And if he doesn’t reciprocate thenot I’ll have my answer.

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    October 29, 2016 at 1:49 pm #115762

This situation is not hard to read. He said he wants to be friends with benefits, and that’s what he means. Part of that sentence is “friends” – so yeah, he’s going to treat you like a friend by being respectful of you and hanging out with you and your family ’cause that’s what friends do. The other part is “benefits,” meaning he wants to have sex with you from time to time as well. That’s it – he told you exactly what he wants. He doesn’t want a relationship with you, and he’s telling you this ahead of time so you won’t start thinking he’s wanting one with you (otherwise he would just say it). You could tell him til you’re blue in the face how you feel, but again: HE JUST TOLD YOU DIRECTLY WHAT THE SITUATION IS. Don’t let your ego give you false hope – this is how situations end up getting misread, when you don’t take a person at their word. http://www.DecodingYourMan.com

CuriousL82
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 2:55 pm #116479

I’ve been in your situation MANY times. I kinda feel like the saying “always the bridesmaid never the bride” but with me it’s “always the fwb never the girlfriend”. Idk if you’ve had this happen before but I DEFINITELY understand the fwb situation. At this point I’d say to believe what he says. That he just wants FWB. As the above poster said he’s doing the “friend” part by asking you questions like what do you like and what do you do. Now this doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind in the future, but I’d go by what he’s saying at the moment. In my opinion you can’t be bf and gf without getting to know each other (being friends….whether it’s with benefits or without) first. Good luck 🙂