What more could have i done?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ALLEN1307
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 4:55 pm #154398

This girl I met a few years ago messaged me out of the blue and we got chatting.
    Then after a few days we arranged to go out but she cancelled on me.
    so we arranged another time and she cancelled yet again.
    We finally went out on her birthday and I got her chocolate and flowers (she said there and then we should move in together in the summer her idea)
    Then we arranged to go out on Valentines day but surprise she cancelled yet again.
    I gave her a bit of space then I said I will pick her up and take her out.
    But she cancelled again she messaged me saying she loves having me in her life.
    I gave her some space then a fortnight later she messaged me saying she does not think it is right to bring me into her life at the moment.
    She will message me soon but never did so after a month I messaged just asking if she is ok.
    She responded do not contact me.
    What did I do wrong.

SoloDolo
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 8:41 pm #154399

She seems like a girl who is afraid of being hurt, knowing that you offer gestures, she probably is afraid of commitment,.

brm2718
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 11:58 am #154431

If you’re doing your part to try to begin a relationship with someone but they aren’t doing theirs, you’re probably best suited to move on. It doesn’t mean that you did anything wrong and it doesn’t mean that she doesn’t want something with you but maybe she’s not in a place in her life where she is looking for a committed relationship. Timing may be off or maybe maturity levels may be different. Probably nothing wrong with either or you

ladygirl
    ladygirl
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 12:09 pm #154434

I agree with solodolo

bdr0705
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 1:47 pm #154466

Seems like she’s had a traumatic event happened and that she’s afraid to open up. But it could also be true that she just doesn’t commit to you. I would just move on. She’s not putting effort into the relationship.

Sushimelody
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 2:18 pm #154479

Honestly I don’t think you could have done much more. You made the effort to invite her out and was considerate by giving her space. The fact that she kept on cancelling does seem like everyone has said, she’s probably afraid to commit or something else is stopping her from turning to you.

But personally if she said do not contact me after cancelling on me so many times prior, then I would move on.

roy4567
    roy4567
    Participant
    October 31, 2017 at 1:17 pm #154613

probably she sense game or drama.

Datingin2017
    Participant
    October 31, 2017 at 8:16 pm #154636

Or maybe she is having personality problems and can’t decide what she wants…

Stark
    Participant
    November 2, 2017 at 6:43 am #154766

Personality trauma probably

Grace228722
    Participant
    November 3, 2017 at 12:39 pm #154977
    Reply To: What more could have i done?

Agreed with Solo dolo

jamjamjam
    Participant
    November 3, 2017 at 6:06 pm #155069

There’s nothing wrong with you… She’s contradictory, She seems having a borderline desorder. ^^
    Stop being patient with her and make your own way with a more decisive girl, who will deserve your time!

lovetodaydream
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 10:17 am #155078

It is not your fault. At best, she is moody, at worst she has serious issues. Do not blame yourself. I hope you find someone who deserves you. You seem sweet.

Torimyers
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 1:03 am #155098

She could’ve had a bad relationship in the past and some of that is still haunting her to where she may be truly into you but she’s afraid to move forward of fear she’ll be right back where she was before

anonymous12345
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 10:55 am #155376

I sense fear of moving forward and doesn’t know what she wants. You didn’t do anything wrong and I don’t think there is more that you could do.

ALLEN1307
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 8:05 pm #155496

Thanks I just hope the next guy she takes an interest in she treats them better.
    If I bumped into her I would just say hi and leave it at that.

1 2