What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gman94
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 7:07 pm #75963
    What should I do?

I met this girl this past summer while abroad and we hit it off really well. It was weird how much we have in common and I don’t think I’ve ever complimented someone so much. We dated for a couple of months but started having problems because we weren’t romantic and lack of communication Both of us lack experience and I’m really shy, so making the first move was difficult for me because I really liked her but she told me she didn’t feel right making the first move. She’s more of a thinker and I’m more of an analyzer. So it became a struggle when I knew she was having a problem and it was hard to fix and it sort of killed the mood for both of us. We broke things off at the end of Dec & she wants to be friends. It’s almost been 3 months and I still like her and she randomly texts me about how much fun we use to have and I agree. We have so much fun together every time we hang out. Should I go forward with being friends to see if something evolves out of it or should I move on?

leboss1234
    Participant
    March 25, 2015 at 9:28 am #75980

If you choose to be friends then there is a small chance that something evolves out of it. One day she will go out with someone and tell you all about it and it will hurt like hell. You have to figure out what you want. If you want her to be your girlfriend then I think you should ask her, but don’t expect something to evolve out of friendship.

ConfusedConfucius
    Participant
    March 25, 2015 at 1:13 pm #75990

When a girls starts to see you as a friend, it is difficult to transition out of it. There may be some hope to convert to a serious relationship, but I agree with leboss. Don’t expect that it will evolve to a relationship. If you truly want a relationship, give it your all and don’t hold back. I had a similar situation. I was with someone for 5 months but broke it off for a job relocation. It was amazing for those 5 months and I truly believe he was my first love (ohh to be young). I can honestly say looking back, I wasted 2 years thinking about him. Ultimately moved back for him. When we got back together, we dated for 3 months and I realized we weren’t compatible anymore. What I am saying is…don’t waste your time wondering. Be honest and open. Live knowing that you gave it your all and don’t turn back.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  ConfusedConfucius. Reason: grammer
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 12:04 am #76044

Take action!

Your role as a man is to take the initiative without regarding how shy you are, or how much you analyze a given situation at the end of the day the important is take action.

Take baby step, like holding her hand while you walk together, sit closer to her until your knees touch each other, don’t look for excuses to be alone when you can be happy and make happy to someone else.

Carpe diem!