What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TheMopPetal2
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 5:47 pm #82627
    What should I do?

I have been kinda dating this guy although its been rocky from the get go. He was hurt by his last boyfriend physically and emotionally pretty bad and its caused him to put up walls around his hesrt and he’s having a difficult time getting close to me. We met on a dating site and after talking on it for a few days we exchanged numbers and I asked him out. Long story short he flaked 3 or 4 times before we went on our first date and our first date went so well that we talked about things you normally don’t talk about on first dates. It felt like he was my best friend yesrs ago and we lost contact for a few years but regained contact and we were just picking up where we left off.

Long story short, after going on 3 dates with him, he started flaking on dates again we had a hiatus for two weeks where I tried contacting him but he never replied. He finally replied last wednesday and said he was sorry but his phone broke and he had to wait for a new one tk come in the mail. I don’t buy

TheMopPetal2
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #82629

That his phone broke but hey I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel like if he didn’t still have feelings for me, he would have just kept ignoring me because its not like we work at the same place or go to the same college where we would have to acknowledge each other. He could’ve just kept ignoring me and I would’ve eventually gave up and we would’ve forgotten about each other. I can tell he built his walls back up because he hasn’t text me back at all today after I text him good morning. I know he’s going through something right now because he hasn’t been posting on fb or instagram anywhere near as much as he normally does. The most recent pics he posted look like he’s depressed. I know he’s not playing games because he hasn’t been on his dating profile in several weeks and he hasn’t posted anything about him and any other guys on facebook or instagram. I wss thinking about writing him a letter and attatching it to a balloon and tieing it to a tree near his house for him to

TheMopPetal2
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #82628

That his phone broke but hey I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, we have no other ties to each other like work or college or anything like that. The only ties we have to one another is our feelings for each other so I feel like if he didn’t have feelings for me anymore he would’ve just kept ignoring me because its not like we work at the same place or go to the same college and we would eventually run into each other and have to acknowledge each other. He could have just ignored me and we would have eventually forgotten about each other. He told me after our first date that he never connected with anyone like me and him connected as well. I can tell he built his walls back up because he isn’t quite as talkative as he normally is even though he texted me smiley faces yesterday and wednesday. He basically hasn’t text me back at all today and I know I need to give him more space but what else can I do to gain his trust? I love and care about him so much so I’m not giving up.