What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Uncertain20
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 11:38 pm #85671
    What should I do?

I’m a sophomore in High School, and at this point I really have no idea what to do. Up until recently I didn’t understand how you could “like” someone. Anyways, in one of my classes my teacher assigned us a group project, and put us in groups with random people. I ended up with this one girl, who I now have a huge crush on. She is really smart, funny, nice, and she has an awesome personality, not to mention she is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. The only thing is, after the project I haven’t really been able to talk to her, I feel to shy, and she doesn’t say anything to me, so I really don’t know what to do. Whenever I’m near her I start getting really nervous. What should I do?

And on a side note, is it normal to feel this at my age?

September 22, 2015 at 12:04 am #85677

Yes it is perfectly normal to feel nervous around your crush! I am a junior in High School and I always get nervous around a girl I am really attracted to. I think that you should man up and initiate a conversation with her! It is really nerve-wracking to approach your crush but you will feel so much better after you do it. I also really liked a girl in one of my classes last year, but to my regret, did nothing about it.

Think about it this way, if you don’t do anything about it, you will have no chance of having a closer relationship with her.

confused47
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:07 am #85766

Very normal. I think I finally had no fear to talk to girls around Junior or Senior year. Just takes practice and over time you’ll eventually have no fear. When I was your guys age about 6-7 years ago I read somewhere that the best way to have no fear talking to girls, is talk to other girls. This means anyone…. The old lady checking you out, BS with her. Start with basics, how you doing today?. Im telling you this works. Learning how to make small talk and initiate it is not only a tool for dating, but in your professional lives later down the road too. In time you’ll find your own stupid ass things to say that make people laugh depending on what type of response they give you.

confused47
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:07 am #85767

Junior or senior in college*

Anonymous
    September 25, 2015 at 10:48 am #85951

If you fell this you have to be initiative.Tell her about your feelings and, may be, she is into you too. Girls like brave boys.

samg000
    samg000
    Participant
    September 26, 2015 at 10:09 am #85973

Yeah nothing is wrong, we all go through this, i still do sometimes as a sophomore in college but yeah small talk and all that is a nice key to have when in those situations.

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 8:14 am #85976

There are a lot of this I can say about this. Honestly this is such a deep topic I don’t know how much help a forum like this can really help you. I read this and I take it as you asking us to say something that is going to make you braver, more courageous, and you want us to tell you what to say to make her want you. I am going to tell you right now that there is no perfect thing to say, only things that generally hit certain central points that all people want to hear not just women. I think you need to ask for her number in person; so, no facebook or any of that. That means your major hurdle is the fact that you have to put her on the spot and do it in front of people. There is no way around this either you can handle it or not. If not then mabe she deservers a more confident guy who is put together enough to engage with her; in this case look for someone you don’t like as much where there is less pressure and work on your self till your ducks are in a row.

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 8:14 am #85977

Long story short if I where you I would talk to her as your walking out of class. Say hi and tell her exactly what you just told us. Now it might freak her out but I don’t think it will ( you will be able to tell if it does). If it does then a day or two later talk to her again after class and just say you want to apologize for being so blunt and that if you where her you would be weirded out and that your sorry. Then see what she says and depending on that ask her out again. If that does not work then move on.

bomberfan35
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 3:06 pm #86061

Try to talk to her outside of class, just keep it casual and short and sweet. Show her you’re interested but don’t push it too much. I agree you should maybe say what you just told us as well. It might help.