What should I do ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I do ?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 6:47 pm #95869
    What should I do ?

So , I met this girl from Norway (I am from northern Germany) about 3 months ago in a video-game and we started playing together and after a while , when we were on skype and stuff together, something inside me just went click and everytime I heard her voice my hormones would go crazy and I would feel like the happiest man alive.
    Things moved forward and I added her on Facebook and such to make the whole thing a bit more personal , we started chatting more and more until we got to the point were we literally tell each other about our whole day and are on our phones 24/7 …. At some point I asked if she wanted to meet me and she said she would very much like to but its kind of difficult as she has some summer-jobs starting soon and I will be off to Uni in Glasgow from September so we have a limited amount of time to make that happen…
    She is telling me so much about her over the internet which I never got a girl to tell me when I dated them but at the same time she tells me that->

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 6:56 pm #95870

Continued : -> she tells a lot about herself to people so thats not necessarily a sign that I am special to her either I think. She told me stuff about her only having long distance relationships so far and that it never worked out for her and that she got hurt from it and is not sure whether she can make the commitment again so from that I get that we have some sort of chemistry atleast. She is just generally sending me a lot of mixed signals and I told her often that I think I have feelings for her because she is so similar but very different to me at the same time and sometimes she reacts for a short time but the next time I tell her she acts like she forgot.

What I am trying to say is , If I can make any sense out of this it would be that she is the same kind of weird as me and did indeed develop some sort of feelings even over this short period of time but she doesn’t necessarily know if she wants to meet me because she thinks I could hurt her like her ex did ….

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 9:20 am #95879

Its really not far , Its 1 hour by plane and about 5-6 by car and she basically said she wanted to meet me but shes just really insecure I think …

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 9:20 am #95871

So does anyone have an idea how I should proceed ? I tried being very straightforward but she just called me silly but that she liked silly :s
    This girl is driving me crazy inside , anyone have any tips on how I could proceed ?

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 9:20 am #95872

Anyone have any idea how I should proceed ? I really wanna meet her but at the same time I don’t wanna push her into something and end up hurting us both :/

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 9:20 am #95873

Take it one day at a time. Obviously she has told you that she’s done these types of long distance relationships before and they never worked out and she got hurt. I would say to keep in contact and if it’s meant to be…then maybe you guys can eventually meet during the holiday break instead? That way it will give you guys more time to see if both of you are on board 100%…meaning if she will feel more confident by then to meet you and see how it goes.

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 12:12 pm #95913

She told me she liked weird so Idk , and IMO everyone is a little “weird” because otherwise we would all be the same wouldn’t we ? I guess I have some admirable qualities , problem is I am not confident most of the time or lets put it this way , the women/girls that have been attracted to me were so by my “normal” behaviour and I got scared by that for some reason …

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 6:01 pm #95983
    Reply To: What should I do ?

Yeah I think . I should try my best to be normal :p Should I still compliment her on her looks and such though ? Because she seems to be insecure about that and might feel like I am messing with her which I am definitely not .

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 18, 2016 at 9:17 am #96016

Well that’s the point she doesn’t necessarily want to meet with me for that reason , because if she finds out she actually has feelings for me and we started a long-distance relationship she is scared that we might both not cope and end up getting hurt.

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 26, 2016 at 6:24 pm #96558

Don’t put that stuff in my mind xD I might actually do something stupid like that :p

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    April 1, 2016 at 12:43 pm #96948

So she basically wrote me this : “I told you this kind of relationship is really hard. I hate it, which is kinda why I don’t want to have a long distance relationship. And I guess it’s also why I try to be a little distant sometimes. Idk what to do. I feel like one of us will end up hurt in the end and I don’t want that. But at the same time, I’ve grown to like you alot, which makes it even worse. All in all, I keep ending up hurting/upsetting you. So idk”

How do I react ? I don’t want to pressure her into anything…

@nonym0us
    Participant
    April 3, 2016 at 1:32 pm #96971

I know how difficoult it is, maybe she just doesn’t want you to meet her because she already has someone else in real life.. That would be heartbreaking. Maybe she is hiding something? idk, I hope you guys meet soon :3

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    April 4, 2016 at 11:08 pm #97001

Yeah , she definitely doesn’t have anyone in reallife :s She kinda told me now that she doesn’t want one of us to get hurt and that’s why she doesn’t know what the best thing to do is . We still Skype atleast 3-4 hours each day and watch something together so I kinda know her every move really and I know she isn’t exactly happy because she doesn’t really have anyone in reallife to talk to and do stuff with other than her cousin but she doesn’t really believe me when I say that she is a great woman and it should be easy for her to do all kinds of stuff in reallife . She just answers with Stuff life pictures can be deceiving when I tell her that she is beautiful , because she is that insecure about herself … I just really hope she will be able to make some free time to meet me and give me a chance to prove that my intentions are nothing but sincere :s