What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jamie302
    Participant
    April 26, 2014 at 7:17 pm #51838
    What should I do?

So I met this guy online. We talked for 2 months before going out on a date. He’d call me every night… We’d text during the day. Great chemistry without ever meeting. Then we had our first date it was an instant connection. We would again talk hang out multiple times a week and this went on for a few weeks. He’d tell me how much he liked me how beautiful I was. He even told his friends and family about me and how I had the best personality and was the most beautiful person he ever laid his eyes on. Then suddenly it came to an end. He stopped calling, stopped texting me. I asked what was the matter and he said he didn’t have that special feeling he was looking for. I thought it was very odd given his behaviors towards me prior. We even were planning a weekend away somewhere. I probed some more and he stated that he received an email from a girl about how she was pregnant with his child and he said that was the real reason and his head was messed up. He then said he needed space.

jamie302
    Participant
    April 26, 2014 at 7:19 pm #51839

I said I’d be supportive, but he’s still ignoring me. He’s also still active on dating sites so I’m just confused bc he said he didn’t want a relationship with anyone.

np4
    Participant
    April 27, 2014 at 5:42 pm #51866

HI Jamie302,
    I’m a Journalism student looking to write features based on people’s experiences on online dating for an online magazine being created.
    Reading through your experience i was really intrigued as it is one that is so unexpected. Would you allow me to use you (anonymously) and your experience as an article?
    Please reply to this if you’re interested and i’ll forward you my email.

PS, if he’s still ignoring then he seems very confused about his feelings and how to approach them with the news he has just heard. Give him time, it seemed like you had the connection!

jc36
    Participant
    April 28, 2014 at 8:40 am #51843

sorry you are going thru this. he clearly needs some time to work things out with the baby situation. this type of news can really change a persons life if it was not planned. especially if they are not together, he has to figure out his financial situation and how he plans to support the baby, if he will be an active part of the baby life. best thing to do is step aside & let him figure out how he plans to deal with the new addition to his life without any pressure of a new relationship. if its meant to be he will contact you once things are sorted out.

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    April 29, 2014 at 1:29 am #51943

I would definitely hit the ground running. Why would you want to be with someone with a kid? Too much emotional baggage with this one!

Anonymous
    April 29, 2014 at 7:51 pm #52013

well definitely that guyys is inlove with you