What should I do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I do

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

just_me
    Participant
    May 22, 2017 at 8:29 pm #137308
    What should I do

I have been dating this guy for about 7 months and early on in our relationship we felt that we were meant to be together. Although we feel this,way we have not said I love you. He has said to me (about 3 months ago) he feels there is something missing at the end of our conversation that he wants to say I love you, I agreed but because it took me by surprise I hesitated before I said,anything. He has almost said it to me previously but stopped himself. We both have been cheated on and i am treading lightly. i really do believe he is the one for me and I love him and I want him to know, but I have been burned before when i said it first, i would like him to tell me first, I don’t want to mess this up. I thought of a way to tell him which originally I thought it was cute now I think it may be a bit corny, I got a temporary tattoo that says I love you (and his name) which I was going to place in a spot only he could see, now I think it may be too cheesy. Please help.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 12:47 am #137315

Whatever you do don’t get a permanent tattoo with his name, that would be the worst thing any body could ever do. So many people end up breaking up and they regret it. Now if you get a temporary tattoo that would be cool and might be a good idea that way you see can his reaction. By him not telling you that he loves you is no big deal he probably is taking it slow and playing it safe. I’m sure he will tell you when he knows and then when he does then you know for sure that he really does love. I wish you the best of luck.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 1:00 pm #137394

I don’t think you should be so worried as well. Considering that you both were hurt in the past I do advise that you treat the word “love” very carefully and not easily through it around. Although you both seem to really flatter each other, just be patient. Remember:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

RkyMntnHi
    Participant
    May 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm #137809

In my opinion the best road is always honesty. If you feel strongly for him tell him in a sincere and meaningful way. But also keep yourself safe. its ok to tell someone you love them. 7 months is a good amount of time. I can relate to the hesitations. the only absolute in life is nothing is for certain but if youbtruly feel he is the one let him know.