What should I do? If anything?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ltcam218
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 10:18 pm #69842

I met this guy when he came to work at my company. In my line of work, there aren’t many people around my age (26). So when this good looking young guy (25) showed up, I knew he wasn’t married, but I was thinking there was no way he didn’t have a girlfriend. I really didn’t think there was any possibility of him liking me, we would talk occasionally, but mostly all on a professional level. It’s actually easier for me when there’s no pressure because I’m a really shy person. He started talking to me more on a personal level and coming in to chat. He would come in to see me when there really wasn’t a reason for him to. Then in one conversation he brought up a convo he was having with another emp. and mentioned how he didn’t have a GF. I thought it was a really random thing to say and think maybe it was just because he wanted me to know that he was available??? He’s never really point blank said he was interested in me, but since we work together, I thought that might be why. TBC…

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  ltcam218. Reason: Forgot age

ltcam218
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 10:28 pm #69844

Anyway, since that convo where he mentioned not having a GF, he was “suspended” (too much detail to list here), and he might not ever be back to work. He is friends with one of the other employees that works with me. Basically, he could get in touch with me if he really wanted to via his friend (who has my #) and he hasn’t. I’m not really good at this sort of thing and since I don’t really know if ever really had feelings towards me, I’m hesitant to be the one to reach out to him. Did he like me? And should I just do nothing now? I really don’t know him that well, but I would have liked to have gotten to know him better and see where that went.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice on the subject.

And now I’m feeling:
    Bummed…:(

Anonymous
    January 4, 2015 at 6:43 pm #69861

Besides work, did you have anything in common where you could reach out to HIM??? He may be just as reserved in getting in touch with you, (esp. since he was suspended) I feel that he was interested, and since these opportunities don’t come up too often for you, you should pursue it!! Just be casual. Like meet for coffee or a happy hour. Talk books, news, weather or common pals!!