What should I do now? I like her but she likes someone else….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RaidenMo
    Participant
    May 25, 2015 at 9:04 pm #79710

Hi umm this is my first thread so I don’t know where to start… haha well I’m 17 and uhh I like a girl at school we started hanging out for like 1 month or so maybe more her and her friend and I don’t know how it happened but it was really smooth I felt an instant connection between us we started talking and I made her laugh and then she started talking about a guy she liked who I later on figured out that was also at school anyways so every week we meet at the same place and keep talking once a week she’s really nice kind beautiful and intelligent… and the more I talked to her the more I started liking her (oh and she keeps telling me some secrets that no one knows) and so one day we were talking all three of us and her friend asked me who do I like since I knew who they both liked and after resisting a while I said it and then nothing. I really like this girl and want to go out with her but she likes someone else :/ what should I do ? Please help

RaidenMo
    Participant
    May 25, 2015 at 9:06 pm #79711

I also would like to say that we share a lot of things together like if we were soulmates sometimes we complete each other sentences or do the same thing on the same time…

UselessAtThis
    UselessAtThis
    Participant
    May 27, 2015 at 11:41 am #79774

Your young buddy! not saying she isnt the “one” just play it cool, and ask her out! if she says yes then go for it? if she says no then stay calm. you never know whats round the corner

gman34
    Participant
    May 27, 2015 at 11:44 am #79775

She says she likes another guy, well then she most likely likes that other guy. While she may view you as a true guy confidante, just be careful that she’s not using you as like a go-to-guy before she gets what she really wants (the other guy). Girls will do that too (not all girls but some will). Unless she shows signs that she’s no longer interested in that other guy, I would tell you to hold off and keep yourself in check so you have less chance being taken advantage of. And this is coming from a guy (me) who has fallen into these kinds of games.

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 8:32 am #79768

Hey, as it seems for now you are definitely walking inside the “friendship zone”
    If you want to change it you must spark some attraction into the equation. Which means, stop finding things that you share, and begin emphasize the differences and polarity between you two. That is how attraction works. Play cool, flirt with her, create some sexual tension, talk about other girls you are dating and make her wonder whether you are interested in her or no, because believe me, women know when you want them.

RaidenMo
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 8:32 am #79776

First of all thanks for replying… But I really like her I mean she’s weird Idk…. like she used to smoke but one day I saw her smoking and told her to quit and she never smoke again even her best friend told me that she could never make her stop. And tbh I don’t even know why I like her I just do.

RaidenMo
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 8:32 am #79779

Thanks for repying g man, so from what I understood, we should just stay friends for now ? >. < like what should I do if we talk next time ?

Nurea
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 7:00 pm #79876

I would say ask her out. There is a certain kind of feeling that you get when someone says to you in-person (or even over text “I like you”). Even though I feel like she knew, just hearing it aloud probably shocked her enough. If you talk next time, don’t bring it up (in my opinion), it may make the next couple of days uncomfortable for you.

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    May 31, 2015 at 4:26 pm #79925

Man, Unless that what you want, and i doubt it , DON’T stay just friend with her, once you are there as a friend she will not risk losing you as a friend, and she will not feel the attraction. This is the time to look her in the eyes, tease her, bust her balls, make her jealous, and and ask her out. Go get her! Good luck

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by JonathanG JonathanG.

taria1408
    Participant
    June 2, 2015 at 1:30 pm #80030
    Reply To: What should I do now? I like her but she likes someone else….

girls may like a guy cause he is hot etc. but what drives a girl crazy is a guys personality. always be nice with her and start flirting with her and have sexual tension (without being too rude). also girls tend to begin to like a guy when they know the guy likes her so much he would do anything for her. its happened to a lot of girlfriends i know. a guy they never laid they’re eyes on suddenly comes up and tells them they really like the girl and the girl just starts getting attracted to the guy, seriously i have seen it happened many times. so start getting flirty with her and go ahead and ask her out.