What should I do, should I risk possibly breaking his heart?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MysticalM24
    MysticalM24
    Participant
    June 8, 2015 at 3:25 am #80381

Awhile back I met this guy, we had so much in common that we became best friends and eventually he asked me out, unfortunately he had to move back to Ohio to be with his parents because of their failing health, I live in Florida.

Lately I feel like we’ve grown apart, he makes too many dirty jokes that I don’t find at all funny, he posts stuff on his Facebook wall that is sexist, and I don’t feel like I love him any more. He has cybered with another girl online which people tell me isn’t cheating because he never actually physically had sex with her, but it still upset me.

He’s always telling me that I’m the reason he’s still alive, that he still has hope, that I renewed his faith in God, and talks about getting married and having kids. When I tried to tell him I wanted to slow down because I wasn’t ready for marriage he actually started to cry and thought I was breaking up with him when I wasn’t. I’m afraid that if I do actually break up with him he might hurt/kill himself.

taliakay
    Participant
    June 13, 2015 at 10:31 pm #80849

I think it’s best to get him some kind of professional help if you think he is headed in such a direction. I mean if you don’t like the guy as much and is still not ready for marriage then you shouldn’t do it just because you feel like he might hurt himself if you don’t. Marriage is not something that should be taken lightly and something you shouldn’t jump into if you’re not ready anyways.