What should I do? Why is she suddenly ignoring me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whatdoido
    Participant
    March 21, 2015 at 10:03 am #75780

Background: there’s a girl that I really like, I have never met anyone that has so much common interests and similarities to me. She lives quite far away from me but that’s not a real problem because I want to move and study in her city (i would do that even if I didn’t know her). I’ve been texting her for around 4 months and she even sent me a letter with postcards for holidays. She was genuinely interested and asked allot of questions about my life and I did the same. She always gave me long replies and I never really had to wait long for them. She complimented me frequently on her own (not as a reply to my compliments) and even flirted and joked allot. She told me where she’s going in summer and it happened to be a place where I’m going also. So we kind of agreed to meet there thIs summer and she also often mentioned how she “can’t wait for summer to come”. Usually I would ask her about her day and what she was doing and our conversation would go on and touch many different topics.

whatdoido
    Participant
    March 21, 2015 at 10:17 am #75781

I never really told her how I felt, because I thought it would be really lame if it wasn’t done in person. I wanted to tell her that once I finally met with her, but I’m pretty sure she knows that I like her. Do you think I should’ve told her anyway?

Now the problem is about one week ago she started replying back really slow, at first I though she was busy or didn’t feel well or something like that. But it only got worse she started to reply only once per day in the morning (even though she was online multiple times through out the day). And now after one week of that she read but didn’t reply back to my message for two days. I think if I would send her another message she would reply like nothing happened but I don’t want to do that.

Another thing I have noticed that she is much much less online than before, I feel like she’s kind of sad or angry.
    Also please keep in mind that only a week ago she was all flirty and initiating conversation with me asking me things and so on.

JackHayman
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 9:04 pm #75799

Can’t tell you why she’s ignoring you but I can tell you that pestering her or stalking online is a sure fire way to ruin any chance between you guys. Just play it cool. If you two get talking properly again, it’d be a good time to tell her you like her. If she doesn’t know, she won’t hold out any hope that you might be together and she might end up with someone else!

best of luck!

whatdoido
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:33 am #75782

What could be wrong? Does she not like me anymore? Did she think I’m not really interested in her because I never told her directly? And most important question what should I do?

I really don’t want to lose her and I think she doesn’t want to lose me either but why is she acting like this?

whatdoido
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:34 am #75783

What should I do? Please help

Jaxson
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 7:54 pm #76172

It’s a kick in the crotch when they lose interest, but maybe the distance between you played a factor as I’ve learnt from experience long distance stuff never really works

dogsandcats
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 10:06 pm #76177

I would take the high road and wait and see what happens….I hate to say it – but hard to get sometimes is best.