What should I have said?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I have said?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pacmac
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 3:13 pm #134667
    What should I have said?

So a girl I’ve been friends with for a while were out on something like a date. She says “This is why we are such good friends.” I say “I don’t consider you a friend.” She says “Then what am I?”

I froze and didn’t say anything. What should I have said that would have conveyed I think of her as more than a friend?

bellemelodieux
    Participant
    April 28, 2017 at 3:05 am #134727

if you were on a date and you like her, yeah, you probably should have conveyed that you like her as more than a friend. she probably wanted to hear that. probably still does.

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 8:51 am #134947

Did she seem to realize you were on a date? It’s possible she just thought this was a sort of outing between two good friends. On the other hand, it’s possible she wanted you to make a move and take the next step in your relationship.

charger
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 1:30 am #135081

Women want to know you’re a friend too, for them to put you in the friend category isn’t all bad. It gives them time to figures out if you’re worth taking to the next level. Also, it shows them if your just a dog trying to get some.

Don’t be too aggressive here. Tell her she’s a great friend and how much you enjoy her company, in fact so much “you have often thought we could easily be more than friends” what do you think?”

erick23n
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 12:27 pm #135147

Not sure kind of a touch one