What should my next step be??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jliu92
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 10:18 am #150153

Hey guys,

so on Wednesday i matched a guy on tinder and we started messaging each other, and eventually moved the conversation onto texting. We were messaging quite frequently that day, and actually ended up going out for a drink that night together. I stayed at his that night.

The next morning I left for work, and we messaged briefly that day too. i ended up sleeping at his again that night, as well as friday night. All nights we had gone out for drinks before i stayed over.

I am out that night (Sat) and call him, and he tells me to let him know when im around. When I am around, it turns out he has already moved on to another club. That wasn’t an issue, so I head home. A friend of his had to help find my way home since im new in town.

Since then it seems as if our communication has dropped significantly, he has called to apologise for Sat night. Now im wondering what my next move is, as to me it feels like he’s lost interest. How do I approach this??

Mae
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 7:36 pm #150300

Stop being too easy. Let him initiate the contact. If he messaged you then great, but do not respond right away. If not, it is time to move on. He got what he wanted.

jliu92
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 10:41 pm #150315

I actually asked him out for drinks one weeknight and he said he couldn’t but he suggested sat night so we’ve locked the day, but not time and location yet.

I get where you’re coming from. Thanks

suzyq8867
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 11:46 pm #150317

Yeah I agree with Mae. He need to work for you because guys love a challenge. Don’t always be available to him. See how when you asked him out and he rejected you how it kind of made you like him more? You’ve gotta make him work for it and seem super busy even if you aren’t. He has to know that you’re not going to smother him and that you have your own life.

jliu92
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 10:01 am #150319

So over these next few days should I just not message him until he messages me?

Also now that I’ve asked him for drinks, (since I’m new to town I asked him to suggest) he said we’ll plan it closer to time. Should I leave it for him to get back to me?

jliu92
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 10:01 am #150322

So I should just wait for him to message me now? Like don’t initiate contact?

I actually asked him to suggest the place and time since I’m new in town, but I could message and be like ‘if you don’t mind me suggesting we can meet at x at x?’

cdnrose
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 10:13 am #150407

I would wait for him to contact you to suggest a time and place. He already agreed to meet you, if he intends on following through he will get in touch.