What the hell was I thinking?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

webhead
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 1:17 am #82794

I live in Los Angeles and my parents live in Chicago, I am very fortunate that my job allows me to take off several weeks off at at a time every other month so a I fly to Chicago and spend that time with my parents. Two years ago a girl I grew up with that I was never close with moved back in with her parents with her two kids from two different baby daddies two doors down from my parents. I like to sit on my parents front porch and drink beer and catch up with the old neighborhood people and every time I’m in Chicago she would come up to me and ask for rides, drinks, money and etc… I would always refuse her because she is not my type in anyway. She has the reputation of a drug user and a people user. Two months ago my Dad passed away and I have been in Chicago ever since helping my mom. I was so out of it I started to help her out with rides and drinks but never money. I am single and just a man with needs so I started to hit on her and she would give me a peck on the lips and let me grab her ass and boobs but she would stop me from going any further, saying that she is not that type of girl, come on, she has two little brats from two different deadbeat dads. I have recently come out of my fog and realized what I was doing was wrong and stopped all contact with her. My question is has anyone else screwed up like that after a death or a tragedy?

everything
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 3:04 am #82996

Maybe the other head was thinking, get it together, yes you are probably vulnerable, many men are.

July 19, 2015 at 3:50 pm #83020

Its easy to do man. My biggest mistake was after the loss of a family member, what you were doing wasnt wrong i wouldnt say, just not yourself maybe?

zach94
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 9:42 pm #83067

I did the same thing this week except I helped with money. I gave a chick 300$. One of my old friends I grew up with OD’d last month so it could possibly have to do with that. everyone deals with loss differently. The 2 most common for men, as I’m sure you can guess, are booze and sex. You might be the same way