What to do…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What to do…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Redheadedpirate
    Participant
    February 2, 2014 at 11:55 pm #47050
    What to do…

I was married for 22 years and have been widowed for 5. I started seeing a man about 6 months ago. We both agreed that we would be exclusive, but neither of us is interested in getting married or cohabiting any time soon. I like him quite a bit but I am ready for something a little more serious. Currently, we see each other about once a week (and we are sleeping together.) He has not introduced me to his family, he only calls about once a week, and he seems content with the way things are. I have decided that I want to open up my options. How do I tell him this without alienating him? I want to continue seeing him but I also want to see other people. And if I decide to go out with someone else, I do not feel that it wold be fair or nice to be sleeping with someone else. Any advise on how I can change the nature of the relationship that I am currently in without ending it?

torotoro12
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 3:13 pm #47174

Tell him how you feel, let him be involved in the decision.
    Most likely,it will end with you seeing other people, as a man I can tell you that he would most likely understand this.
    If you meet someone else, and you make the decison to sleep with him than do so, use the appropriate precautions, but do it.
    It sould to me like there is an unspoken understanding there, maybe it’s just not something you feel comfortable with.

knight0718
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm #47185

Just be as honest with him as possible. If he doesn’t care to lose you then he’ll be ok with you seeing other people but if he cares then he’ll make you more of a priority. It’s come from my experience that if a man doesn’t want to lose something good in his life he’ll do what he can to keep it. If he lets you go then keep stepping girl. He was probably a waste of time to begin with.