What to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What to do

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

8ozsoul
    Participant
    February 23, 2015 at 10:51 am #73924
    What to do

I am recently on the singles list. I am 42 years old and haven’t dated for 15 years. I have a date coming up and i am very nervous. Not sure what to do or what to say. Very nervous. Any help?

samzuck15
    Participant
    February 23, 2015 at 10:23 pm #73998

Just be yourself and make small talk. 🙂

LittlekingP
    LittlekingP
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 3:25 pm #74410

Don’t stress out about it!! Just consider conversation and dating as a fun thing to do 🙂 And whenever you find it uncomfortable or nervous ( silent moment in talk, asking for number, first move, etc..) just tell to yourself that you’re good-looking and confident. There is absolutely no reason to be afraid and step back. It will help you a lot. Trust me!

Sami
    Sami
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 5:18 pm #74416

Stay calm.
    Pay attention to whatever girls do: body talk, behaviour, facial expressions. You can avoid a whole lot of trouble just by analyzing facial expressions and body language.
    Don’t be needy.
    Don’t open yourself to much.
    Whatever you have been doing the last 15 years… do the opposite!
    Again: Stay calm.
    And again: pay attention.

Go and watch these guys videos on youtube:
    David Snyder (NLP, body expression, confidence)
    Layan Bubbly (facial expressions, deal with women)
    Alpha m. (style and clothes)
    Tripp advice (how to behave)

Munkygirl
    Munkygirl
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 11:58 pm #74425

Just be yourself and take it slow. Be a good listener and have fun. Don’t be too serious. Good luck to you!

CastleInSky
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 5:56 pm #74435

“Be yourself” — but you might need to step up your game a little!
    You are probably very used to doing things in your own way that is most comfortable for you, but check yourself to see that you are being considerate and proper to this lady. Stand a little taller, feel a little happier, talk a little more, and be sure to give your date attention and some time to talk to you, too.

If you stumble in your words, if you touch her with sweaty hands, if you drop your fork on the floor… don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Laugh it off. Say something funny about it without being self-deprecating. Don’t come off angry or cocky. Be cool!

But like others above stated, have fun. Enjoy yourself. Don’t think so hard about it being a date. Think about it as an exciting night out, a fun night out with a new friend with potential. Enjoy the food, the movie, the nightlife around you… or whatever you are doing. She should enjoy it right along with you. Good luck and have fun!

KingSodapop
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 8:19 pm #74444

Stressing out is the worst thing you can do, just act natural, go with the flow, and the rest will come naturally.