What to do???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What to do???

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Blondey
    Participant
    March 29, 2015 at 9:00 pm #76260
    What to do???

I met a man and we developed a friendship on a question and answers forum and then continued to our own facebook and skype and calling each other. We have been having an online relationship for around 9 months and he is coming here in a few weeks to meet me. However yesterday we were talking about our future and trying to find a way to be together as there doesn’t seem like any possible way, even though we both want to. He lives in the USA and cannot leave his job commitments there and I live in Australia and cannot move to be with him as I have children from my previous marriage.

I guess what I’m asking is should we not meet and it end in heartache or meet and know we don’t have a future?? My heart is going to ache no matter what:(

DKing3
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 5:51 pm #76307

I would still meet! Even if it does not end in an actual physical relationship, I sure would still meet because wouldnt you at least want to meet this person you have been talking to once?! You guys sound like you have a really nice, relationship and you two could still have a blast when you meet! Who knows, that may not be the only time you two ever meet again!:)

Blondey
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 6:27 pm #76313

Thanks DKing3:) I have never met anyone online before or online dating. Sometimes our minds just play tricks and naturally I keep looking into the future of what if’s but deep down I would rather spend sometime with him than none at all! And what you said is true we may meet again:) considering we both weren’t looking for a relationship and found each other randomly.

madmen10
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 10:09 pm #76319

two words…CAT FISH! .. .just take a holiday and figure it out!!! it should be an exciting adventure….. my motto in life: when you are about to take your last breath you have to think of your life knowing you did everything you wanted to do, so before that breath comes start living.

Blondey
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 8:35 am #76323

madmen10 so you think I am being catfished by him you mean?? I have seen him on Skype and even spoke to his Mum and other family members.

Blondey
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm #79159

*UPDATE*……

So he came to visit for a week and it was amazing….
    He was exactly as he was online and him and I were at total ease with each other in person.
    Meeting made our already strong bond even stronger:)
    We talked about what we were going to do once he left, continue our long distance relationship or completely break away from each other.
    We decided to continue and I will be going to the USA in August to spend two weeks with him this time:):)

It might not work out but hey at this present moment we are both in love with each other and happy!