What To Do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What To Do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 3:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

that_guyXD
    Participant
    March 6, 2017 at 12:20 am #129109
    What To Do?

So, for the past like year I’ve had a “crush” on this girl at school but shes way out of my league. I am going through a lot right now and I just have had my mind on here more than ever recently. This girl basically doesn’t know I exist and I am way too shy to talk to her or anyone that I don’t know well. I would do almost anything to be with this girl but I don’t think shed ever go for a guy like me. Lately I’ve been feeling really lonely and I am at a real low point in life. I crumble and can’t even speak in the presence of this girl and I’ve never spoke to her before so just randomly talking to her is almost the scariest thing I’ve even thought about doing. I don’t know what exactly I am asking but for some advice or ways of approaching this situation because I am getting fed up with feeling lonely and depressed.

that_guyXD
    Participant
    March 6, 2017 at 12:59 am #129110

Update: Just liked a picture of hers from a year and a half ago on accident now on the verge of having a breakdown.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  that_guyXD.

Anonymous
    March 6, 2017 at 5:54 pm #129213

HI,

Coming from a woman, women like men who are confident in who they are. “I don’t think shed ever go for a guy like me”- This does not show confidence! Why wouldn’t she go for a guy like you? You seem like someone who really would appreciate her and the relationship, so why wouldn’t she like you? You have to see yourself as desirable before she will. Holding her on a pedestal will not make her want you, rather it will make her see you as beneath her. In your post, you also said “I am at a real low point in life”. Before you get into a relationship you have to be at a positive place in your life. Before approaching her I suggest doing some positive affirmations and focus on loving yourself. When a woman see’s how confidant you are they will begin to want you. Also, if you are in a “happy place”, it will draw others towards you.
    For now, focus on finding happiness within which will lead to less social anxieties.

Anonymous
    March 6, 2017 at 5:54 pm #129214

Also It is ok to like her photos every once in a while. This is a way of online flirting and showing her your semi-interested. DO NOT PANIC!! Instead of telling yourself you will crumble around her, practice being confident around her. Don’t stare at her, but do try to make small talk at school. Do you have any classes with her? If so, talk to her about something going on in the classroom or in school. “did you hear about…” “This assignment…..
    or ask a questions about something going on around you guys.
    Once you get confident with the small talk you can go on to furthering the relationship. First thing is first, let her know you exist and how great of a guy you really are!

that_guyXD
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 8:55 am #129219

Just reading this makes me a bit more confidant and happy honestly and I am going to take all of this into consideration when I do start to talk to her i really appreciate it thank you so much for your help!