What to do after a not-so-eventful second date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sampsonite61
    Participant
    March 3, 2013 at 1:20 am #24393

A little background. I met this girl around 8 months ago. Recently, she came a wine tasting party I hosted and we reconnected. I got her number and began the process, if you will. She doesn’t get texting on her phone, nor is she an avid Facebook user. So calling has been my only real medium of communication. That doesn’t really bother me.

She’s had a real problem with calling me back. The first time I called her, she missed the call but called me back. During this conversation, we agreed to grab dinner the following weekend. I called a few days later to try and set up our dinner date, but she never called me back. So a few days after that, I called her one more time. She answered this time and apologized for not calling me back, citing her busy week. She then asked “so what are we doing this weekend?”. So we set up a dinner date for the next day. The date went pretty well in my opinion. We went out for a nice dinner, in which I paid. It ended with me walking her to her car and us exchanging a quick kiss.

Two days after this date, she lost her phone (as noted by a rare posting on facebook), so I didn’t get a chance to talk to her that week. So that thursday, I sent her a message saying/asking “Hey. I’m not sure if you found your phone yet; I haven’t been able to get a hold of you this week. I wanted to see if you’d like to hangout this weekend. Give me a call or message back. Thanks”. She responded the next morning that she had found it but it was dead so she needed to charge it. She said she was going up north with her family to visit her grandparents but suggested we do something following weekend.

So that following Monday, I call her and we talk for about an hour. I invited her out Friday night to ice cream and then back to my place for a movie. She agreed. So Friday rolls around and we meet up for ice cream (I paid again). That part went well enough. Then once we got back to my house, we watched the movie, but she sat in an isolated area of the couch and left pretty much when the credits started to roll. No interest in cuddling or anything of the sort. I tried to instigate some physicalness but there was no reciprocation. She was more interested in my dog. There was no kiss when I walked her back to her car. I said we should hang out again sometime and she agreed, though it didn’t feel like an enthusiastic response.

So here I am now, not sure how to proceed. I’m not sure if she’s just not into me, was nervous, or oblivious. I’m not ready to jump ship just yet, but I’m not too optimistic about the situation. Advice? Thoughts?