What to do if he does not answer?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MissSunshine
    Participant
    September 4, 2014 at 5:41 pm #60715

Hi. right away: I am female.
    I recently moved to another city. In the place I lived before there was a man in my circle of friends, that I really like. We have been knowing each other for about 3 years now…but we were never dating or anything alike. There was texting messages and we spent a lot of time together…but with our cicle of friends. I started having feelings for him. I miss him and think a lot about him, Since the day I have moved, the contact to him is very unfrequent. He is not writing back.
    I wrote him a message…he did not reply.
    Then i waited,,, It was his birthday and I send him a birthday-message, to which he quickly replied, thanking me for for the birthday congratulations and asking me how i am doing, I have replied to that message. Then he replied saying “Hi. Sorry, I am busy and I will answer your message the upcoming days”….It has been over a month ago. So, you see… he used the “I am Busy”-excuse. I still haven´t heard anything from him.

MissSunshine
    Participant
    September 4, 2014 at 5:43 pm #60716

I have two options now: ignore him and get bitter and frustrated….or confront him. The thing is..he is a good friend of mine and not someone I barely know. So the level of relationship is a different one from someone you just met and do not know that well.

I would like to confront him and at that point I am affraid of making a mistake. I would like to confront him without accusing him and without disrepecting him.

What would you think about the following message? (especially a man´s view would be very appreciated!)

“Hi. How are you? I just quickly wanted to say, that I see you as someone that I can trust and that I can rely on your word. This is the way I got to know you and it is the picture I have of you. So when you say, that you will answer me the upcoming days…you know I am trusting you with that, right? ”

It that too dramatic? Could he view that as disrespectful?
    If yes: What do you suggest?

best regards and thank you for your answers!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  MissSunshine.

Meme
    Participant
    September 5, 2014 at 11:09 pm #60828

Yes like the other answer said, you. An confront him and tell him how you feel, or give him time and see if he contacts you. Could be he is trying to figure some things out in his life right now also.

TerryJonocu
    Participant
    September 6, 2014 at 5:21 am #60831

Very simply if you cannot talk to him personally… just be straight up with him over text.

Say “Look if you don’t want to talk right now I totally understand.” Just if you’re reading these then I wish you could tell me what you want. It would help me out.”

nea
    Participant
    September 6, 2014 at 10:48 pm #60847

you need to ask him whats up. forget him and how he feels luv, its for your own sanity! tell him we’ve been hanging out… what happened? do you now want to be in touch anymore? its completely possible he met someone else….im sort of in the same thing right now so i understand the frustration.

rocky
    Participant
    September 7, 2014 at 12:28 am #60852

Just give him space. He’ll eventually call or text you.

DanteDMC
    DanteDMC
    Participant
    September 8, 2014 at 8:57 am #60866

Well, if he wants, he will call you.

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 2:54 am #60984

MissSunshine, being a guy Incan say this to you. If he liked you there is no way he would come up with excuses not to talk to you. Do you really want to be with someone who will take days to respond to you? Even regular friends find time to respond to their friends. A man will not miss an opportunity to talk to his flame, making someone wait is disrespectful and You deserve better than that. Let him go, your sanity is more important.

trayb
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 2:18 am #61233

You gotta just ignore him, the more you try get in contact the more you will push em away,

Chocobrownie
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 2:24 am #61237
    Reply To: What to do if he does not answer?

You should tell him how you feel, but I am a strong believer that when guys don’t contact you they are not interested. The best thing to do is wait for him to text you (it may take 3months or one year), then you can tell him how you feel.

adrushing83
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 3:54 am #61294

Sorry, but Im going to be blunt. It has been over a month, and he hasnt contacted you or replied to your texts. In all reality nothing is going to come of you and him as a couple. If he was interesed in you. He would have contactes you by now. If there is even a very small chance of him liking you. You will kill it by sending him a text like the example you gave. The only thing it is going to do is make you look desperate, needy, and clingy. Every guys nightmare. If you want to give it one more shot at contacting him. Send a text that says somwthing like “Just wanted to say hi, and see how you are doing”. If he doesnt reply, dont bother texting or calling him anymore. He isnt showing any interest in you, and it’s time to move on with your life.

Instinct101
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 2:56 am #61831

Patience is the way to any freebird. If you cannot be a freebird and enjoy them as they are, then they will never find their way to your nest.