What to do next with a girl I went on a few dates with

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jeffb883
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 10:08 pm #157268

I met up with this girl from online about a week ago.

We hit it off, had a good first date, got really drunk, and things got more physical than they usually do on a first date.

I went out to dinner with her a few days later and it also went well, though we just did some kissing.

I went out of town for thanksgiving and have initiated a few texts with her. She has replied within a few hours or so, reciprocating whatever question I asked but not really being too talkative. So last night I, stupidly, figure why not call her on the phone and keep the conversation active. She didn’t answer and I left a 5 second voicemail to give me a call back if she’s around. No call back. Now what?

confuseddater92
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 3:37 pm #157287

Just send her a text and ask hey I enjoyed your company, would you like to see me again and if she ignores you know the answer

I think honesty is the best

jeffb883
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 4:21 pm #157290

Ok thanks. When?

Merlin
    Merlin
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 4:29 pm #157293

Theres no time like the present.

lovingyou88
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 11:33 pm #157307

i feel like he is not interesting, but better to talk with him first.

jeffb883
    Participant
    November 27, 2017 at 8:26 am #157308

Huh?

jeffb883
    Participant
    November 27, 2017 at 8:29 am #157310

I don’t understand

seeeker
    Participant
    November 27, 2017 at 2:34 pm #157477

You can’t push these things. Online dating is such a random minefield, you rarely know where you stand. Just remember she’s probably dating other guys, so don’t waste too much money on her. Sounds like your first couple of encounters were very normal, enjoyable, so who knows.

Everyone (mostly women) says they don’t want to play games, but that’s all this is. It’s a big game. But you can be the adult. All you can do is text her one last time and yeah, honesty is best. “Hey I really enjoyed our time together so far, hope you had a nice holiday, would love to see you again. Haven’t heard form you lately, so do reach out when you can or if you’re still interested.” Maybe not word for word but something like that.

Ekovvv
    Participant
    November 28, 2017 at 6:59 pm #157673

Don’t be too clingy, send her a simple text like the people above already advised, and leave it at that. Some girls will get more talkytalky if you’re not the one talking all the time. Give her some space that might help and meanwhile just get out there, go on other dates and see where that goes.

GFR_Day
    Participant
    November 28, 2017 at 10:26 pm #157690
    Reply To: What to do next with a girl I went on a few dates with

All you can do is make the effort, if it’s not returned, move on.

TTG
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 2:30 pm #157781
    Reply To: What to do next with a girl I went on a few dates with

With no call back, I would just move forward without bringing it up. Some people are texters, some callers, some neither. Continue your path and if you feel like you are getting signs that she is no longer as interested you can make a better decision.