What to do when a girl u like has a boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jax24
    Participant
    December 19, 2012 at 2:36 am #19062

This girl I have had a crush on for a while but have never made a move on (because she’s in a relationship), has recently started giving me signals that she is interested in me. In the past few weeks she has been much more chipper when I am around, will immediately come up to me to talk with a huge smile on her face when we are in the same vicinity. She will flirt back when I flirt with her, respond with body language by grabbing my arm and such when we flirt. And i catch her randomly staring at me. So I feel pretty confident in the signals she is giving that she is interested. I have not verbally told her that I’m attracted to her because I’m always the nice guy and don’t interfere with girls in relationships. However, I’m tired of being the nice guy and missing out on opportunities. Now I’m not saying I want her to cheat on her bf with me. I would rather let her know that if she were single I would be very interested in going on a date with her and possibly more. What are some things I could say or do to put that idea in her head? I think I would feel awkward if I just flat out told her “hey, I really want to go out with you if you break up with your bf.” but if that’s the advise I get then that’s what I’ll do! Any suggestions?

coryhopps
    Participant
    December 19, 2012 at 11:06 am #19071

ahhh, I’ve been in a similar situation. In my case the girl was going back and forth with the guy and it was obviously an unstable relationship but when I made my move, I ultimately became a rebound. I was pretty excited we got to be intimate and hang out but after a month or so she went back to the guy!

Don’t ruin your chances by lingering around. You have to take a deep breath and step away. She will honestly respect you more if you are a gentleman about it. Even if a hookup (post breakup) seems like an easy win, it’ll only hurt the potential to a long term relationship with her.

It’s all easier said than done but you really have to be the bigger person. Sorry bud. Bad timing but some things aren’t meant to be….

glitterisfun
    Participant
    December 23, 2012 at 2:30 am #19448

It sounds from me that she is interested, you never know what is going on with her and her bf…they may not be doing well or in the process of splitting up etc…you also may be entering in as he is existing. Or he could be on of those difficult guys who need time to exit, either way…I think you have a good chance and she own’t feel insulted and you will still be considered a good guy since it is up to her…if she gives you the green light then go for it…I am saying this because I am in a similar situation where I am really interested in this really nice man…but he won’t do anything due to various reasons, I m going through a complicated and difficult separation but everyone thinks we are happily together (especially on facebook)….including this guy I want, but reality s…I m slowly trying to resolve everything smoothly including…trying to get this new guy into my life…so yes…go for it.

HMCali
    Participant
    December 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm #19450

I think Glitter nailed it. Good luck jax!