What to do with a girl is sick and not responding

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 12:08 am #85770

Okay so I met this girl online (well on that Coffee Meets Bagel app) and she actually initiated with me, and gave me her number to connect after she got back from her business trip a week later. I continued talking to her and eventually set up a date. Actually she called me first on her own initiative a few days before the date to talk to me and show she is legit. She then also told me she is the kind of girl who often does things spontaneously, impromptu, or on short notice and doesn’t often plan ahead. Anyway I set up a date on Thursday for the following night. The day of, she texted me saying she’s feeling like allergies are coming on but she would still be able to make it. We met up and had a pretty good time over a couple drinks, joking around and flirting and everything. The thing is, I could noticeably tell she was getting stuffed up and affected by something, and after about a little over an hour she said she had to excuse herself and leave early due to that, or else.. cont’d

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 12:14 am #85771

just have me talk more instead. We chatted a bit more and then got the bill. I walked her to the metro station and she said to give her a hug. During the date she also suggested ideas for a next date, like trying kayaking down the river sometime. About a half hour later I texted her to make sure she got back fine, and got a response, and wished her good night after making a joke. Two nights later I called her (I remembered her saying she doesn’t like texting as much as talking), and we talked for about ten-fifteen minutes. She actually sounded more stuffed up and apparently was actually sick now, rather than having allergies. I joked around a bit and then suggested doing the kayak idea the following weekend. She agreed in principle but said we should wait until she got over her cold before planning something, and said she didn’t feel like she’d be over it in a day or two. I told her to get better and only texted her like four days later on Thursday to see how she was doing. She.. contd

Anonymous
    September 23, 2015 at 4:08 am #85780

Wait until she is fine with her health. Maybe she has the serious complications but she does not want to tell you a lot about her own problems. If she is friendly with you and even flirts, do not worry that she does not respond right now.

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:08 am #85773

only got back to me two days later with two enthusiastic texts in a row saying hiiii can you believe i’m still sick; i hope I didn’t get you sick! and I’m going to see a doctor, with some emotes. I then joked around about not getting sick due to my awesome immunity powers and said I could share some with her, and she replied, but after that I sent her another joke text that maybe didn’t rub her well. Had to do with being a vampire and sucking the blood of young maidens since she asked me how I stayed healthy and avoided getting sick for like two years (it was kind of an inside joke or reference to something we talked about on the date), and then asked what the doctor’s verdict was, if she was going to make it or not lol. The thing is I don’t think it was that actual text or joke that was the problem; just that she may have lost interest in general even beforehand, but it’s hard to tell.

It’s been three days, and I’m wondering if I should try to check in again with her tomorrow one

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:26 am #85779

k

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:26 am #85778

only got back to me two days later with two enthusiastic texts in a row saying “hiiii can you believe i’m still sick?!; i hope I didn’t get you sick!” and “I’m going to see a doctor”, with some emotes. I replied half hour later and joked around about not getting sick due to my awesome immunity powers and said I could share some with her, and she replied saying she’ll take whatever she can get, but an hour after that I sent her another joke text that maybe didn’t rub her well. Had to do with being a vampire and sucking the blood of young maidens since she asked me how I stayed healthy and avoided getting sick for like two years (it was kind of an inside joke or reference to something we talked about on the date), and then asked what the doctor’s verdict was, if she was going to make it or not lol. The thing is I don’t think it was that actual text or joke that was the problem; just that she may have lost interest in general even beforehand, but it’s hard to tell.

No reply in 3 days,

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 10:44 am #85807

only got back to me two days later with two texts in a row saying “hiiii can you believe i’m still sick?!; i hope I didn’t get you sick!” and “I’m going to see a doctor”, with some emotes. I replied half hour later and joked around about not getting sick due to my awesome immunity powers and said I could share some with her, and she replied saying she’ll take whatever she can get, but an hour after that I sent her another joke text that maybe didn’t rub her well. Had to do with being a vampire and sucking the blood of young maidens since she asked me how I stayed healthy and avoided getting sick for like two years (it was kind of an inside joke or reference to something we talked about on the date), and then asked what the doctor’s verdict was, if she was going to make it or not lol. The thing is I don’t think it was that actual text or joke that was the problem; just that she may have lost interest in general even beforehand, but it’s hard to tell.

No reply in 3 days, so should

Dro543
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 10:53 am #85810

What the? Is there a glitch or problem with this forum? None of my posts were showing up past the second one yesterday and now all of a sudden they showed up, most of which were attempts to repost. Plus when I get into the edit screen, there’s nothing to hit to actually finalize editing the post??

Anyway my last bit was should I actually call (not text) say later today or tomorrow to see if they’re feeling better? Normally I’d get the hint that she’s making excuses, if it wasn’t for the fact that she actually was sick and sounded like it. Plus she on several occasions told me she “doesn’t play games”… so that’s what makes this confusing. Otherwise it would be the classic signal of the “I’m not interested anymore but don’t want to tell you directly and hope you can just get the hint”. But the date itself and the talk after it went very smoothly and she seemed into meeting again. One thing I can imagine might have turned her off a bit was me later apologizing for talking a lot lol

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Dro543.

Dro543
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 10:47 pm #86109

Alright one last bump… I realize that this girl is indeed making up excuses. I tried calling that day and she didn’t pick up but texted me back a few minutes later, saying she had to go to bed early due to an important meeting tomorrow, but that “we should catch up soon, hon!”… lol. I texted her a couple of days later checking in and haven’t heard back in the last three days… so should I just totally give up now, or wait a bit longer and try one last time? Her job does seem busy but come on. And if I do, should I text her some funny/crazy little joke story to try to engage her again and act like I wasn’t phased by her (my friend says he does this if girls go cold, and gives them a “mission” to “rendezvous” with them somewhere, and it works sometimes). Or should I just be straight and ask what’s going on?

It’s annoying when girls say things like let’s meet up or chat soon when they really mean I’m not interested anymore. Why do so many do that instead of just saying it…

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Dro543.