What to do with this guy I met online an year ago?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 7:24 pm #158358

Met on a dating site, went on a date (best date ever, connected so well, he said that first), he goes off to another continent, while I have no idea if there is gonna be a second date. Intermittent texting. See each other for 3-4 weeks after ~3 months. Off again. Intermittent texting. Meet once. Off again. Intermittent texting. Had some fights because I don’t like not getting a reply for days while you are sitting online. Intermittent texting. He has gone back to the “saw your message, but won’t reply” phase. He is looking for a job here, has told me tentative dates of his interviews, but doesn’t give any clarity on when he is moving back & I avoid asking. Is he still interested?

I try not to ask intrusive questions. I had asked him if he wanted to be exclusive, but he said “I like you, but I live there, and I don’t have a job here yet”. We continued seeing each other after that.

IS he still interested? I am still dating other men, but it is hard to connect as well as I did with him.