What went wrong??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What went wrong??

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Shay897
    Participant
    October 21, 2014 at 5:15 pm #66314
    What went wrong??

Okay…so I’ve been dating a guy for about a month. He’s already stood me up twice. The first time we made plans to go to a local sports bar to watch football. The day of I didn’t hear from him. I called and texted him but got no response. After a few days of no communication he finally reached out. Come to find out…his mom was rushed to the hospital the day of. I felt really bad, but still believed he could have reached out to tell me what was going on. Fast forward to this past weekend. We made plans last Tuesday to hang out Saturday evening. Saturday we had been texting all day, but…he never mentioned our date. I finally asked him if we we’re still hanging out and I got no response. I still have not heard from him. So what went wrong? We went on 4 dates before all this madness and the dates went really well. We talked everyday, I liked him and he seemed to like me too. Now I’m just really confused. I guess he’s just not that into me.

mi314
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 1:48 pm #66373

My piece of advice for you is to chat face to face with him just to understand what is behind these behaviors. When you will talk to him be honest and ask tell him what bothers you and find a solution no matter what.

baboon37
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 4:49 pm #66402

As being a guy he may be weighing his options on maybe someone else as well… He just may be afraid to open up and say he’s dating other people

youd17
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 8:02 pm #66403

Maybe he is just having cold feet. Maybe since you two are only “dating” he is (as baboon37 stated) weighing his options. GOOD LUCK!

Shay897
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 10:48 pm #66410

Thanks for all of the advice guys!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Shay897.

Shay897
    Participant
    October 23, 2014 at 8:27 am #66411

For all***

morpheus
    morpheus
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 8:13 pm #66938

A simple call is a good act of courtesy, if he cant afford you that why waste time with him? What would a relationship be like if he’s like this now? And this is from a guys point of view.

amhughes
    Participant
    November 4, 2014 at 11:19 pm #67034

I’ve been here before, and I hate to say but it really seems like he’s not interested. He would follow through on the dates if he was. I say drop him, you deserve someone doesn’t drop off the face of the earth when it’s time for a date. Good luck!!

Anonymous
    November 5, 2014 at 4:17 am #67041

When you will talk to him be honest and ask tell him what bothers you and find a solution no matter what.

bootyboot
    Participant
    November 6, 2014 at 3:07 am #67099
    Reply To: What went wrong??

If he stood you up once, that’s one too many times. You need to let this one go because it’s headed down a path of heartache. He might have been into you and then lost interest for whatever reason, or met another girl, and just want to keep you on the hook as a backup girl. Don’t feed into that, you’re better than that. Get out now!

lisajenks8
    Participant
    November 6, 2014 at 7:31 pm #67152

Sounds to me like he is playing games. I would give you the advice to completely cut off contacting him. I know it is hard, trust me i am in a similar situation myself, but if he really likes you he will reach out and arrange meeting up.

rampaige
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 11:56 am #67275

I would try talking with him in person. Even if you were texting all day at one point it may not mean that much to a guy, since I know for me, sometimes even if I like the girl I find texting a bit of a nuisance. But I still like spending time with her in person.

Lt_dans_legs777
    Lt_dans_legs777
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 5:28 pm #67280

hes probably still a little shaken up by his mom in the hoispital