What would guys think of me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hiddenkite
    Participant
    July 11, 2016 at 11:47 pm #104915

Hey everybody! I’m a 18 year old girl who’s a virgin. I haven’t found someone I’m interested in enough to test the waters with and I’m going off to college in a few months. Thing is, my outlook is that I really don’t hold my virginity to that high of importance. If I found a person who I had a strong physical connection with who treated me with respect and didn’t merely treat me like a notch in his belt I’d be open to sleeping with him even if the relationship wasn’t permanent or serious. I know virgins have a rep for getting attached, but I just don’t feel as if i will. Am I naive to think this way and will a guy just think of me as a commodity? Thanks!

gnarboi
    gnarboi
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 12:25 am #104916

Well I think that it depends on who you hang out with and for sure there will be some guys that will think of you as a commodity if you are just doing to do it but there are also a lot of good guys that will think it is just fine and will treat you as every other girl. I think if you find someone to have a solid relationship with then you will be much better off but thats just imo.

catpin
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 8:41 am #104927

In my opinion, your first time should be with someone that you’re in a committed relationship with. You don’t have to be married, but they should at least be someone you’d consider a friend. You never know how you’ll react to your first intimate experience. I’d think it’d be traumatizing if it were a stranger and the guy never talked to you again. I’ve had a few one-night experiences but I couldn’t imagine my first being one of those. Good luck!

bnme90
    bnme90
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 2:25 pm #105027

To me, it does sound a little naive to think that way, because it’s easy to think a certain way, but when the time comes, things almost never work out the way you envisioned. Also, a lot of men think of women as “commodities”, but fortunately, you sound like someone who is very headstrong about your sex life, so you need not worry about being a commodity to any men at this point.

lovekitten321
    Participant
    July 13, 2016 at 1:44 am #105054

Not only is losing your virginity a very special moment, but it’s also very painful so make sure you’re not drunk and it’s rushed!

cfd2016
    Participant
    July 15, 2016 at 11:58 am #105343

Some guys are gonna be turned off but they aren’t worth your time. The right guys won’t have a problem with it

Anonymous
    July 15, 2016 at 4:32 pm #105400

I agree with everyone! First, you are naive to think it won’t affect you. It depends on your experience and how the guy treats you after. I know plenty of guys who find out the girl is a virgin, then treat her like gold until she sleeps with them….then they bail. So I would set the standards a bit higher. First off, I would not mention AT ALL that you are virgin. That becomes something a man will have a tendency to want to conquer. Not every guy is like that, but you are going off to college, so the guys are still growing up as well. I would make sure the guy really likes you…puts in the effort to hang out, pursues you, and spends a lot of time with you…..and make sure you really like the guy as well! THEN….when you start to feel ready to take things a little further, you can talk about your situation. What is between your legs is a sacred space and needs to be earned and respected…if it isn’t, it hurts and there is no way around that and no feeling like being used.