What would you do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What would you do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

werp28
    werp28
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 9:54 pm #103554
    What would you do?

My boyfriend and I are both in our mid 40’s and we both have had a roller coaster of a life so far, we both have trust issues because of this.
    He is everything I want and I know he loves me but he is always working. Now don’t get me wrong I love a person that is not afraid of hard work.
    He works in a hotel as a chef he leaves the house at 4am and gets home around 5pm. He works a min of 6 days a week and quite often 7 days. Most weekend when they are busy he will leave at 4am and work till 11pm.
    Surprisingly he is always tired, but he loves his job.
    At the moment I go to his place 4 evenings a week, we have a meal and watch tv and chat for about 3hrs.
    We have been together 8 months now and are looking for a place together. I keep trying to get him to have more days off, one so he can rest and recharge and two so we can spend time together. Am I asking too much?
    Advice please

Louie97
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 10:07 pm #103555

No I don’t think you’re asking too much. Time together is the glue that holds relationships together and it’s only natural that you would want to spend as much time as possible with him as his gf. Hopefully his employer would comply and give him a few more off days so you two could spend quality time together. all the best.

coldturkey
    Participant
    June 18, 2016 at 6:14 pm #103595

No you’re not asking for too much but remember he works as a chef.That is a very demanding job that does have people working 6 to 7 days a week. It is unlikely that he will be able to get 2 days off at all and if he could..it will not be the weekend.You picked someone who doesn’t have a normal mon-fri type of job…sorry. I don’t see anything changing.