What would you do????

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What would you do????

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jess387
    Participant
    June 17, 2016 at 2:20 am #103556
    What would you do????

I was dating this guy for 9 years and have 2 beautiful children but 3 months ago he broke up with me. Maybe like a month and half ago we’ve become ‘friends.’ Our youngest daughter birthday is coming up so i decided to have a party for her and he decided to make her one too. Now my dilemma is this he said he would come to the party im throwing for her and he invited me to the one he’s throwing her but i dont know if i should attend. What do you guys think??? Should i be there…

rosecoloredglasses
    rosecoloredglasses
    Participant
    June 18, 2016 at 7:26 pm #103601

This is a tough one. You want to be a team player and support the friendship. Being friends with an ex is okay as a concept but really tricky to pull off. I would not write his party off immediately because it would mean the world to your child. However, you are not going to keep this type of relationship up forever and it is not healthy to anyway. Respect that his party planning is an attempt to become an active parent that can do things for his child just like any other parent. Sounds like a stand-up guy to me. Your daughter will get used to the idea that you are apart and comprehends more than you think anyways. Just some food for thought. Best of luck to you.

jess387
    Participant
    June 20, 2016 at 12:40 am #103626

I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:04 am #104404

This all depends on the situation. you have to ask yourself are you ready? do you have a new partner and/or does he? There are many things to consider. if you can be friends with your baby’s father after he dumped you after 9 years then go for it. These situations are great when they work but when they don’t, they are disasters. Most of the time they don’t work out. Even if you and him get along your partners may think something is up that you are so friendly. If you are still hurt by what he did then may you need time to heal before attending. If you said you would attend then I would keep my word. If you didn’t say that you would then I would move closer to not going because it may be too soon. I would feel awkward but you may be stronger than me. Good Luck

cocoabear
    cocoabear
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:24 pm #104485

Be there for your daughter, in the end that’s what’s important. As long as she knows she has both of you no matter what, things will be fine. It may not work with him but know at least you tried and did everything you could.