What Would You Do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What Would You Do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RainCatcher
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 1:57 pm #104241
    What Would You Do?

I’ll keep this brief. I have dated quite a bit, but have not found that elusive connection. Recently, I went on a date, and REALLY liked this person. I was excited and hopeful. That night he texted to say he had a great time and thought I was wonderful. The following day, feeling very comfortable in initiating a dialogue, I texted him to return the compliment. He responded with more compliments, but sandwiched in between his kind words was this: “Ill be honest. I’m not interested in pursuing a relationship”. I immediately responded by thanking him for his honesty and wishing him all the best in his journey. It’s been a week with no communication.
    At this point, I have some options:
    A: Respect his truthfulness and move on, preserving my sense of self-respect
    B: What the hell…since I really like him, text him one more time, in a purely platonic manner
    C: Perhaps another option?

Louie97
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 2:33 pm #104245

I would choose option A. Clearly this guy sees you for the wonderful female that you are and is respectful enough to tell you that but at the same time values your emotions and your heart to reveal that he doesn’t want to enter anything serious. Furthermore, seeing that you guys have not communicated in a week justifies why option A is the wise way to go. Move on girl.