What would you do about this crisis?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dogsandcats
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 10:26 pm #76180

I have been dating a 47 year old divorced dad of 3. He’s very successful and we’ve been together for about 8 months now.
    We moved through our relationship very fast. He lives about 3 hours away. He wanted me to quit my career as a local news anchor – and move to his city and find work there. I also have a 9 year old son and he lives primarily with his dad/my ex. My ex husband works from home and he doesn’t want our son to move. And he started a strong legal fight right away.
    My therapist believes my BF is a sociopath. He’s a surgeon and frequently screams and threatens my ex husband telling him he will “fu** him up – if he tries to fight us in court…” My ex husband is a good dad and does not deserve that.
    I have fought like CRAZY with this man as of late because he keeps begging me to quit my job and I promise I will — and I haven’t done so. Am I a bad mother if I move 3 hours from my son? My BF says he can only “allow” me to visit my son every other weekend. Maybe once a week.

DKing3
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 5:58 pm #76308

I think that I would end that! It sounds to me like this dude is a controlling, kind of unstable weirdo in all honesty…. I assure you there are much better people out there!!

JeffS
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 3:45 pm #76399

I agree with your therapist’s assessment your BF is a sociopath. I think that there are better people out there.

Blondey
    Participant
    April 1, 2015 at 3:10 am #76429

I agree sorry get out of there!!! Your child should come before ANY man…
    My children come before ANYONE.
    Men come and go but your child needs you..
    If he is limiting when you can see your own flesh and blood send him packing I say!!!

sahm15
    Participant
    April 1, 2015 at 8:31 am #76424

It is a concern when someone is threatening you ex-husband and father of your son. you have to want best for kids and taking good care of both parents is part of that. so the threats are the most concerning. you also have to take care of yourself — keep your job, sounds like a good job. if you love spending time with this man, keep doing so, buy YOU make your own terms, not him. Let him move closer to you… or just be happy seeing each other when you do, it sounds like you have a full life — we are supposed to have things that fulfill us other than just one person — so keep your job and relationship with your son AND see if your new BF continues to love you with you making your own decisions… good luck.

Popeye
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 12:13 pm #76544

Drop him like a rotten potato! He sounds like a control freak from what you wrote and I (as a 47yr old man and father of 2 who I raised) would never require or even request this of a woman. If she chose to then so be it but to be so harsh and demanding is just a bad sign.

Good luck

Dom_KSL
    Dom_KSL
    Participant
    April 13, 2015 at 8:34 am #77072

Put your track shoes on and RUN! If he is acting lie that already, moving in with him will only amplify his already unacceptable behavior. Besides, you already know the answer or you wouldn’t be asking the question. YES it time to move on.

Pisces2015
    Participant
    April 13, 2015 at 8:37 am #77117

I hope you will heed the advice that everyone is giving you. You are involved with a man who is, at the very least, a borderline sociopath. He will hurt you. He’s already hurting you, and you have no clue how far he will go. Dump him and be prepared to do what you have to do to ensure he will not be able to contact you again.

spearz
    Participant
    April 15, 2015 at 1:58 pm #77286

take the advice from others above