What you would do, family or boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonym
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 11:15 am #133275

Some years ago i met my boyfriend and we fall in love deeply. he always told me that he had something very complicated in his life that would make us separate. But only told me some months after – He had commited a crime some years ago and in some months he would go to prison. He is already in prison for almost 3 years and in these 2 years i went to visit him every 15 days to prison. I never told to my parents because i wanted them to know him before i told them the truth. But they discovered and now they are really sad with me and always asking me to break with him, as this doesnt make sense to continue. In fact he will stay in prison for more 2 years. i really love him but also love my parents. My mother have some anxious attack and i’m afrraid with her heath. I’m very close to them and don’t what they suffer with all of this. So i said to my boyfriend that this is too much for me to haddle it alone with him in prison, but he thinks that i’m giving up too easy. What would you do?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 11:53 am #133282

so… in the end.. you need to stop making decisions to make OTHER PEOPLE HAPPY. Both sides are using you for their own agenda and their own happiness and feelings on the subject. the real question is: what do YOU WANT? What will make YOU happy?

In reality the odds are that boyfriends and husbands come and go, family never leaves. That being said, there are a lot of families out there that mean well but only damage you b/c its never about what YOU want, but what THEY want.

When life is over and done with, the only thing that’s going to matter is – did YOU do what YOU did with your life and make YOU happy? Nobody dies happy knowing that made this or that bf or their parents happy — its always about their own life and if they did what they wanted to do.

SO.. there is no right/wrong answer here. Just the answer that you will look back on your death bed and say, “i’m so glad i decided what i did so i never regretted NOT making that decision”.

Good luck.

Mommy127
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 1:44 pm #133458

I’d keep him in the picture but not as a boyfriend. Spend time with your family. Let him go as your boyfriend for now and just keep him as a friend. You don’t need to make it him or your family. Make it both, but not as him as your boyfriend. I hope you understand what I’m trying to get through to you.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 8:43 pm #133466

I’d keep him in the picture but not as a boyfriend. Spend time with your family. Let him go as your boyfriend for now and just keep him as a friend. You don’t need to make it him or your family. Make it both, but not as him as your boyfriend. I hope you understand what I’m trying to get through to you.

Exactly, I would do the same