What's going on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What's going on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

grassisgreen
    Participant
    March 20, 2015 at 4:12 pm #75761
    What's going on?

Me and this guys dated five years ago, as soon as we broke up I regretted it and I think he did too. Since the breakup we haven’t stopped “talking”. I’ve tried to date other people but we always come back to each other. He enrolled at the same college as me and registered for the same classes. We “sext” I guess you could call it. And here recently he always bring up family, what a good mother I would be or how good I would be at taking care of him if he were sick. He also asks me what I want to name my kids and puts his opinion in. We’ve gone out for valentines day a couple of the years. I could go on and on about everything that has happened in the past 5 years. But after all this he never talks about us getting back together or anything, just the distant future like if we did have kids or how we would be old. I have tried to bring it up a couple times but he gets very defensive. Is it worth trying to play the game he’s playing, or should I cut him off and move on?

ohemgee
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 11:59 am #75911

He’s definitely got issues with the ‘now’. Sounds like he does want you to be together but is probably afraid that things will go wrong again. Why not suggest you go out together and take things slowly?