What's the best way to tell a woman that I friendzoned her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

NotSoILie
    Participant
    November 25, 2013 at 12:45 am #43356

Hey all,

So in a true case of gender role reversal, I have quite the funny situation going on here. I have a friend, whom I like as a friend, is reasonably attractive, but imo completely incompatible from a relationship standpoint (aka she’s been friendzoned).

Long story short, last week, she asked if I wanted to catch dinner or a movie this weekend. I picked movie, since that cold be construed as just a ‘between friends’ type thing, and when we went to the movie, I treated it exactly the way I would when going with a group of friends (didn’t offer to pay for her ticket, didn’t hold doors, etc), but tonight she asked if I’m available on Tuesday night. I’m not; I have a real first date with someone planned then.

So what do you think is best?
    A) Say I’m busy on Tuesday night
    B) Say I’m on a date Tuesday night
    C) Say I’m busy, and that I think we’re great friends, but I don’t think a relationship between us would work out.

badgerstatedudecore
    Participant
    November 26, 2013 at 2:38 am #43504

Just be honest with her on what’s going on. Better she’s for a while rather than get thinking something else

multid
    multid
    Participant
    November 26, 2013 at 10:59 am #43512

Tell her you have a date Tuesday night. She will be miffed for a while but will get over it.

Anonymous
    November 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm #43537

Tell her you have a date Tuesday night. Don’t confuse the poor girl. Otherwise she might think that you two have something.

Also, you don’t want to embarass her by saying you feel nothing for her.. So option B is the best one:)

beta6
    Participant
    November 26, 2013 at 7:05 pm #43582

Tell her both B and C.

kiterider12
    Participant
    November 29, 2013 at 8:08 pm #43687

B!!

NotSoILie
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:19 pm #43357

I should add that I’m trying to let her down in as nice a way as possible

Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 at 11:58 am #52944

Tell her you have a date Tuesday night. Don’t confuse the poor girl. Otherwise she might think that you two have something.
    <P></P>
    <P>Also, you don’t want to embarass her by saying you feel nothing for her.. So option B is the best one:)</P>

girlygrl
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 1:56 am #53265

Tell her you have a date. Girls don’t want to play games.

skzaman
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 6:38 am #53274
    Reply To: What's the best way to tell a woman that I friendzoned her?

I will suggest you for learning more from other women who are smarter than you in this case. I also had a confusion as you have now. Then I tried meet18plus.com for finding ladies to date near my locality. Now I am enough confident and can go for any girls without hesitation and confusion. The more you meet, the more you learn about girls.

Mamichiquita
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 2:22 pm #53330

C is the best answer

Anonymous
    May 21, 2014 at 12:34 am #53362

I think C is the best answer and please say it nicely, and one more thing even if you are not on a real date still open the door for her and respect her like you want your mother or your girl to be respected. okay, treat every lady like a real lady even if you don’t like her because that is what a real gentleman would do.

SeVenSoldiers
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 12:21 pm #53404

I say C as well. It’s best to be upfront and real about it. Don’t carry her

brunette
    brunette
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 11:01 pm #53504

THE PERFECT PLAN:

1. Say you’re busy, do not tell her you’re going on a date because that would absolutely crush her. Also don’t make it awkward by explaining that you don’t want a relationship, because she may not like you. So if you say that, then things will be extremely uncomfortable.

2. Set her up with a guy, one of the friends in your “guy group” or someone at work. This will help ease her out of liking you. (Ex. If a child wants ice cream, but that parent doesn’t want to give the kid ice cream, they could offer a small cookie or a smoothie so the kid won’t feel totally let down)

**are you POSITIVE she likes you? Has she told you how she feels?**

ALSO, it doesn’t matter if you’re on a date or not, holding the door for a girl is just the right thing to do, it’s polite. You can show her respect without leading her on.

PrincessKasey
    PrincessKasey
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 11:50 pm #53506

Tell her it’s a date- but also tell her you will need her advice after the date – since she is a girl and your friend- make sure she knows she still serves a role as a friend in your life.