What's the deal? What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

p011yp0ck3t
    Participant
    March 27, 2015 at 3:52 pm #76232

The guy I was seeing called it off, sort of a couple of weeks ago. He said to me “…I love hanging out with you, don’t get me wrong but I just don’t want to lead us on to something serious.. It’s just bad timing.. I gotta be a little selfish and focus on me if that’s makes sense”
    I replied “Thanks for letting me know. I like hanging out with you too and now I realize I need to be a little selfish and focus on me too…have a good weekend.” 8 days later he texts me and initiated a conversation… “Funny with friends talking about girls with pretty eyes and I thought about you” we had a short convo and said I was cute and “maybe I can see you soon..” I said maybe you can and ended the conversation.. I found out through my best friend from work that he was seeing this girl I worked with and he was begging for her back thee same night he texted me and said I have pretty eyes.. She isn’t into him and then he texted me I’m assuming after the fact..Should I say something when we hang out?

ggpb
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 12:24 am #76262

I say, you should wait for him to come to you and change his tune if that’s what you want/need from him. If you are up for something casual, then fine, but if not you have wait until he shows more and more effort to be with you, he was the one who ended up in the first place

Bernice-lee
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 1:33 pm #76367

I hear mixed signals there… Sounds like you are plan B or a backup date when the one he wants says no. I would give yourself more respect and not see him. If he is really into you he needs to clearly show that.

Anna
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 2:08 pm #76376

Sounds like a plan B to me too! If you do want to see him, you should make him earn it.

datingmaster123
    datingmaster123
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 10:02 am #76501

I agree with Anna ,he should prove himself.

jasminem143
    jasminem143
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 3:23 pm #77392

Absolutely. He has the gall to backburnered you for her, you should take your right to call him out on it. She won’t be hurt by it, she’s not interested. The only hurting party currently is you. Take him down a notch.

Anita
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 9:12 pm #77528

If he doesn´t text in a week, do it yourself, and if he doesn´t answer just let it be

shanu7398
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 7:18 am #77616

Give him time.. Time will tell if he is really into u or not

jen803
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 9:00 am #77639

I’m in the same situation. I think giving it time is the best bet because most guys need their space to figure out their thoughts and emotions