What's the play here?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What's the play here?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Yuuuup
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 5:34 pm #57985
    What's the play here?

Thursday I was out at a bar with friends grabbing some drinks. I met this cute girl while I was away from my friends for a minute and we saw eachother finally I went over to talk with her and her friend. We talked for about an hour laughing, touching and maintaining deep eye contact the whole time. Throughout the time we talked about how we should definitely go out somewhere again and she seemed really excited.
    As the night winded down we exchanged numbers left. 5 minutes after I left I got a text saying thank you for buying my drinks it was really nice meeting you 🙂 we sent a few texts back and fourth when I finally said I’m going to bed goodnight, she didn’t reply.
    I waited 3 days and texted her just a hey what are you up to. I didn’t receive a response. The next day I had something really fun going on so I decided to give her a call, no response I left a message saying we should go out tonight blah blah blah. Never called back.

What should I do?

Yuuuup
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 5:36 pm #57986

I should probably add the last text ended by saying I’m prob going to be busy this weekend but you can text me if u want. Dunno if that really matters or not. I’ve met hundreds of girls at bars and know when I establish a connection or not and we definitely did. Did I not wait long enough to text her?

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 8:18 pm #57998

That whole “waiting to text” rule is obsolete. I hate when people actually follow “dating rules”. You already reached out to her twice with no response. Leave it at that, honestly. If not, you’ll seem too clingy. Some females (not sure if this is her case) actually thrive on a guy constantly coming after them and they’ll blow them off. It’s sort of like high-and-mighty thing (very conceited, yes, but it happens). I’d just keep going about your business and if she contacts you, great! If not, you can’t say you didn’t try…but do NOT reach out again. That I would not do

🙂

Yuuuup
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 8:35 am #57999

Yeah I wasn’t really planning on making contact it just sucks bc I’ve been dating the last 6 months or so and I’m an attractive guy I meet a new girl out every week or so and this has been the first one in 6 months that actually caught my eye. I’m hoping she was just working when I originally texted her and busy when I called and maybe she didn’t like I made contact 2x in 2 days in that case no contact again will look good I’m just confused. I know when I meet someone if it’s a connection or someone just being nice but this was different. And I agree the dating rules are bs but I didn’t want to come across clingy texting too soon. I hope I didn’t wait too long now that I think about it being that she texted me 5 minutes after we left that night. I ended the text saying I’m not sure if i’ll be around this weekend but u can try to text me (true story I was up north with no service) mayb she thought I wasn’t assertive. Ugh it always happens with the one that really stands out.