What's up with guys not following through?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 8:55 am #123646

So, in the past few weeks I’ve had a few guys ask for my number, saying they’d love to get together sometime, but not one has actually called/texted to get together. What’s that about?

glamourousv3000
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 3:37 pm #123792

They were probably just in the moment… or have chickened out or just cant be bothered…. it sucks but the guys that actually call are the ones to worry about…. maybe tyr to play a little hard to get.. Maybe tell them next time ” Sorry I don’t give my number out that fast”… Do you have facebook or instagram? and that way you have their contacts and can strategically chase them without looking desperate…. Maybe post a sexy pic to remind them of what they saw the first time they met you or… post a flirty message on one of their posts

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 6:23 pm #123846

please.. women don’t follow thru just as much.
    as far as your situation- its just part of it. most people are flaky these days and don’t follow thru. that’s normal. or i should say. tha’ts vey common.
    move on.

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 8:04 pm #123849

I’m sorry- you’re totally right: woman can be flaky, too. I guess it’s just how things are- moving on, for sure.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 20, 2017 at 11:20 am #123902

no worries. most peopel don’t realize what impact and reception their words may have. that was very important to point out b/c such things that you may not know you are doing or what impact they have – are the very same things that affect our dating lives (especially if it is gender-specific comments)….

if i went around constnatly making ‘why is it that women…” comments all the time – i’m pretty sure it’ll mean my dating life woudl not be very active nor woudl i end up in any relaitonships with the quality women..

just trying to help 🙂

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 20, 2017 at 9:52 pm #123994

Point well taken- thank you