DATING ADVICE FORUM

What's wrong with my generation?

Author
    Comments

• Always_the_Nice_Guy
    Participant
    March 12, 2017 at 10:37 pm #129865
    What's wrong with my generation?

Okay everyone I have a good topic to discuss. I’m pretty disappointed about women who are my age and I can’t understand their train of thought and choice in men. I’ll give a little background on myself, then elaborate on my question.

I’m 24 and have never been great with women. In high school I was very introverted and had a hard time. I was the varsity football captain and I had no girlfriends, dates, or even dates to prom. As I went into college I tried to build my self-confidence and I got my first girlfriend. Three years and an engagement ring later I find out she tried cheating on me twice. That ended and ever since it hasn’t been much better. Most attractive women that are around my age seem to only date douche bags, jobless guys, frat dudes, or even guys with criminal records. Granted I’m not perfect by any stretch, but I have a Bachelor’s degree and a full-time job, I’m 6’3″ and played college football, and I have great manners and a big heart. Why do women only date losers?

nick0418
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 9:14 pm #130089

This generation is retarted my man, totally agree with you. Very outgoing person, captain of high school varsity soccer team for two years, and i totally agree. Girls go for douche bags that only screw them over. Just be you and do what makes you happy, and the right people will come into your life and stay…goodluck.

Always_the_Nice_Guy
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 8:52 am #130509

Right? I didn’t know the varsity captain of any sport could be dateless, but we are good examples. I keep trying to put myself out there and meet new women, but recently I have quit looking entirely. People talk about online dating, but I have also heard plenty of jokes about how ineffective it is. Who knows still got to try. Thanks for the good reply.

annabelani
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 11:28 pm #130659

I’m a girl and i don’t even understand it myself. This generation is so fucked up!!

March 23, 2017 at 1:20 am #130877

Get with an older woman. Theyre experienced

leslie32
    Participant
    March 24, 2017 at 2:31 pm #131105

Not all women only date losers. Also let’s realize that the majority of these men are very manipulative and know how to take advantage of people. My ex husband didn’t start out as a douchebag. I’ve known him since we were 18. We went our separate ways and he married someone else and then divorced and we got back together. I had no idea how huge of a drug addict he had turned into over the years. He hid it pretty well for awhile. Nor did I believe his first wife telling me he was abusive because he had never even shown any signs of it when we were younger. Plus she’s a bit crazy. She stalked him in high school (I saw it) and she was trying to get him back while telling me what a dick he is. So who would believe that? If I met my ex now I would never date him based on his record, drug use, etc.

Every situation is different. OP have you ever gone to counseling or anything? Talked to an objective third party to determine if it is you or just the type of women you are attracted to?

lahlah
    Participant
    March 25, 2017 at 3:33 am #131162

I couldn’t agree with you more. It just doesn’t make sense

mylove123
    mylove123
    Participant
    March 25, 2017 at 3:47 am #131166

I feel you. I think the same about the men I meet. My last ex-fling…he passed me up to date a baby mama that isn’t his with two kids rather than me just because she was nearby him. He’d really get more out of doing a long distance with me than what he had with her. They broke up, thank God. And my latest situation, left me for girls his age he’s going to have to work his ass for. when he can sit back and relax with me without doing much but just being there. He’s in his early 20s. I don’t get it. People are stupid and take things for granted. Girls get married who don’t do shit and don’t have a career while the good girls who work hard are still single and available where I am.