When a guy calls you "cute" ? Good thing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 8:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 17, 2017 at 1:02 pm #130412

What does it mean when a guy calls you cute? Been texting and snapchatting with this guy for about three months now. (I’m 25, he’s 27) He used to call me funny nicknames which were versions of my own name. I used to love it. Now he seems to be using “cute” or “cutie” a lot in text messaging and on snapchat. Anything from “Hey cutie” to “Whats up cutie?” to just plain old “You’re cute.”

I posted something on social media, a nice photo of my mother and I taken recently. He saw it and immediately texted me saying “look at you cutie.”

The other night we were snapchatting and he kept calling me cutie all throughout and sending me kissy emoji faces. Today I sent him a selfie on snapchat wishing him a happy st patricks day, and he responded “cute”

Any input? Sometimes I don’t know how to respond to it so I just say “thank you”

sammyy
    sammyy
    Participant
    March 17, 2017 at 10:16 pm #130458

i reckon it’s definitely a good thing but it depends on what you think of him

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 12:57 am #130460

I like him. I have a crush. I have been trying to show interest without seeming clingy and too attached.

sammyy
    sammyy
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 3:47 am #130461

well it’s definitely a good thing if you like him 🙂

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 10:28 am #130462

I like what I know of him. He’s currently far away at school so all we do is text and snapchat. I start over thinking and panicking when I don’t hear from him. Like last week on Monday we talked for hours all day long throughout the day. This week, we had an awkward short conversation Monday. We snap chatted Wednesday and he was being all flirty, calling me cute, sending me kissy emojis, and sent me a pic of him going to bed. A selfie, where he clearly had no shirt on in bed. It was hot. I snap chatted him Friday, yesterday, and he responded right away, but it wasn’t conversational. An now I haven’t heard from him. But then he will message me and calls me cute and all is well. I feel like my emotions are all over the place. Because I just don’t know him or his intentions. Its been three months. I know he is far away, so I’m not hoping for an instant relationship. We’ve never been out on a date. I just don’t know. All this overthinking and questioning.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 11:07 am #130463

I mean, I don’t know what you’re looking for. He’s definitely into you. I’ll call a girl cute sometimes because it’s less creepy than ‘hot’ or ‘beautiful.’ If all you’ve done is message each other, he might be getting bored, or assuming that this will never happen. Especially if there’s geographical distance between you two.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 4:59 pm #130480

I respond to all his messages. I ask him questions. I send him snapchats. I am just trying to not be super clingy so I don’t text him, I let him text me. He added me on Facebook, started chatting with me, asked for my number, and started texting me every single day. He was here for winter break with his family at the time. We made plans twice, but he sort of never followed through. Would tell me maybe Sunday, and then tell me he would text me with a plan, but then he would text me but nothing about the plan. He did this twice. I called him out on it an he swore things came up etc… He is currently away at graduate school 4 hours from here. So we can’t meet yet. He keeps asking me to come see him there, but I have told him if he wants to see me he can come here and I will not be taking the drive up there because we have never met and I am not a booty call. He knows this.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 5:03 pm #130481

I feel like he doesn’t give me much to work with conversation wise. I will ask about his day, how he is, his school. This week he seemed very enthusiastic about his good grade in school. He was very talkative about it. I was happy for him and showed I was. When I say something he will either ask me to elaborate, or give me a generic “Wow thats awesome” or “You’re killing it.”

Some people have told me maybe he is intimidated by me. I have a good job, car, family, etc… But he seems so confident, I don’t see how he could be. He gives me nothing to work with. I asked him if he watched any good movies lately, and he literally said “I don’t know, we watch a lot of them at school.”

Thats lame. He is supposed to come here next month. He mentioned it, and hints to us meeting, but doesn’t necessarily say we will. I even said “We will see if you pull through this time around.” and all he said was “We’ll see.”

I just think if he liked me and really wanted to see me he would be sure.

letsgiveitatry
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 9:19 pm #130486

He’s definitely interested he’s just probably playing it safe. “Cute” is better than baby or babe when your just in the texting phase.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 10:55 am #130553
    Reply To: When a guy calls you "cute" ? Good thing?

He says I’m cute and seems interested. He responds to my snapchats right away. Texts me, when we have nothing to talk about. He will ask what I am doing. The other night he was on a school trip, and they were staying an hour away. He started texting me at 8PM on Saturday night. We were flirting. He was being very flirty, as he has before. Saying I should come there. I have made it clear I won’t be doing that, and he knows I won’t. It almost seems like he is trying to get a booty call, but he’s doing it with someone, me, whom is very far away. A guy in my life told me that someone who truly wanted that, could easily go out and find a girl or join Tinder looking for girls in his area, and wouldn’t be doing it seriously for someone far away. Guy also told me that he clearly wasn’t out trolling for girls if he is texting me on a Saturday night. It’s almost a joke to him.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 11:00 am #130555

He insists he knows I am not the hookup type. It’s his humor. We flirt like me saying no and him begging me to come to him. It’s different. Never had anyone like this before. Its like the thrill of the chase. His lifestyle doesn’t warrant a girlfriend. He travels too much. He has to know this, he’s been doing it for over 6 years. I just don’t want to give him the wrong idea. I have tried to make it very clear that I am a “nice” girl who isn’t going to drive 4 hours to see a stranger and hookup. I have mentioned us going out for dinner and drinks. I like to date someone, have fun with them, and get to know them on a deeper level. I sometimes play his game and give in to the suggestive comments. My work friend told me as long as he claims he knows where I stand, and my actions match my words, then I can playfully give in to his flirtation and participate sometimes. I just worry about giving the wrong idea. I’m not asking for a relationship tomorrow, but I am a relationship girl.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 11:09 am #130562

He does this strange thing. He’s done it twice now.

I asked him once what the craziest thing he has ever done. He said had a threesome. I was surprised he threw that out there so openly to me, whom he didn’t know. I told him a non-sexual story of something my brother and I did. He wanted me to tell him something more scandalous, but I don’t tell people my sexual history and told him so. I have hinted that I have been with men before, I am not a virgin, but have not revealed much else.

He will randomly say in the middle of our texting conversations “I’m a virgin.”

I don’t care if he is or isn’t. At 27, and with his suggestiveness I find it hard to believe. I will ask why he is saying it, and he will say he is just messing around, but who messes around like that? I don’t know if he is actually a virgin, or joking, or is trying to get me to say something about my sexual past. I will laugh with him and say “Yeah okay threesome guy.” He will say “Maybe, maybe not.”
    Like why?

Hellophones
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 2:02 pm #130583

It’s a good sign but totally depends on what you think of him.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 3:57 pm #130600

Any other insight into thew other things I’ve mentioned?