When a guy doesn't respond…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    August 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm #38079

Hi, I was looking for some advice so I thought I’d come here. Here’s my problem: I met a guy on a cruise and I thought that we hit it off (nothing happened though). We usually hung out on the boat deck or in the lounge that played Latin music. On the last night, he left the lounge to go pack but it got late and the band stopped playing. I didn’t want to feel like an idiot waiting for him so I went wandering around. I thought maybe he just went to bed and I got upset (because I didn’t have his contact info). While I was wandering the boat deck, he called out to me. He said he was looking everywhere for me. Then he gave me his email address (which had his full name). I was so flustered (since I thought I’d never see him again) I forgot to give him my email and/or phone number. I sent him a brief email the next day (I told him to have a safe trip home and to friend me on Facebook if he wanted to). After a week, I got no response. Since he gave me an email with his full name, I Googled him. I found his Facebook page and friended him. That was 3 weeks ago (although he doesn’t look like the kind of person that goes on Facebook more than once a month). My question is, why did he make such an effort to find me and give me his contact info and then not respond? I know he has a job that would cause him to be very busy but still…

cece607
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:24 pm #39302

I bet he is busy, but I wouldn’t wait around either. Unless you think he is the absolute ONE, keep playing the field. I def think he will respond. Did you try messaging him on fb? Maybe say something funny like a memorable moment that happened on the cruise. Let me know what happens.

Anonymous
    September 25, 2013 at 11:58 pm #39940

I sent him a message on Facebook on September 1 (and paid a freaking dollar so it would end up in his inbox) and it doesn’t look like he’s been on Facebook at all or seen the message. It just makes me feel…I don’t know. I would keep playing the field, but I suck at dating. The last date I’ve been on was over a year and a half ago and he didn’t want to see me again…I’ve only been with one guy and we broke up four years ago. I don’t really know how to date and so this guy made me feel something that I haven’t really felt in a long time, so it just really hurts to get that really good feeling and have it just go away as quickly as it came. I just wish I could talk to him; that’s all. Even if we’re just going to be friends, I still would like to talk once in a while…I guess I’ve just been lonelier than I thought so I kind of latched on to that feeling because its been so long since somebody like him seemed genuinely happy to be in my company…

Anonymous
    November 1, 2013 at 10:06 am #42291

It’s officially over. I checked Facebook and he has been on recently; he accept a friend request from someone else but still left mine pending. So he’s either ignoring me or has already forgotten who I am and thinks my friend request is probably from a weird stranger. I give up. I can’t date guys because they pretend that they’re interested and then disappear; that constant tease just crushes my soul a little more each time so I have to just put an end to it now and become a spinster.

SOLNISHKA
    Participant
    November 3, 2013 at 2:40 pm #42387

Don’t waste your time on someone that isn’t making a huge effort to see you. It means that he isn’t ready to make you the number one priority in his life – its time to find someone that knows how to be the right man for you!

KingKeef1911
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 3:12 am #42448

Unless you know he’s everything you ever wanted and needed, keep testing the waters. Sitting around sucks.

zaki131
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 11:54 am #42464

He seems like a player

meggie420bebe
    meggie420bebe
    Participant
    November 6, 2013 at 1:03 am #42508
    Reply To: When a guy doesn't respond…

Guys are dumb, just play the field because most are immature and do the same thing

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    November 6, 2013 at 3:17 pm #42533

He went looking for you on a cruise ship, I wouldn’t say that’s “such an effort”.

I can see that this guy definitely had an effect on you, nearly 20 pages of story worth. I think that’s a clear sign you’re putting too much thought into it. A cruise ship isn’t the best place to meet guys looking for a relationship, unless if it is a singles cruise or something.

Best way to get this guy off your mind is to find another guy that makes you completely forget about the first guy. I would recommend trying a dating site. This website has a reviews section to help you start: http://www.datingadvice.com/reviews

AndrewDelonnie101
    Participant
    November 6, 2013 at 6:25 pm #42535

The whole facebook thing… Next this guy.

Anonymous
    November 7, 2013 at 9:04 am #42501

But after all that…then to just be ignored; it doesn’t make sense. In 4 days he managed to make me feel more special than my ex of a year and a half ever did. I’ve tried getting back out there and tried several attempts at online dating (which have all started with a guy messaging me and I message back and things are going great and BAM: they delete their profile). It’s happened to me about 7 times. Then I meet this guy and he’s so different; he changed how I felt about myself and then boom, he’s gone like all the rest. This time, I need to know why. How can I try and ask him? Or better yet, how do I find out what’s wrong with me?

Anonymous
    November 7, 2013 at 9:04 am #42506
    Reply To: When a guy doesn’t respond…

But I mean after all of that..then to just be ignored; it doesn’t make sense. In 4 days, he made me feel more special than my ex of a year and half ever did. After he dumped me (4 years ago) I’ve tried getting back out there. Not one thing has been successful, especially online dating. They all start with a guy messaging me, I message back, and we go back and forth until BAM, they delete their profiles. This happened to me 6 times. The 7th time I actually got to meet a guy and it went great, so naturally, he told me he didn’t want to go out again. Each time something like this happens, my spirit breaks just a little more. Then I meet this guy. He finds me. He talks to me. In a crowded room, he recognizes me. The last night, he could have gone to bed but he didn’t. He went out of his way to find me and make sure I had his info. I just don’t get it. This time, I need to know why. How can I try and find out from him what I did wrong? Or better yet, tell me what’s wrong with me?

Anonymous
    November 7, 2013 at 9:04 am #42537
    Reply To: When a guy doesn’t respond…

I’ve tried online dating and it always ends the same. Nothing. I’m at that point where I just want to give up. I don’t like cats but I guess I have to start.

vintageessence87
    vintageessence87
    Participant
    November 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm #42568

FYI: I’ve been trying to respond those three post earlier but none of my responses were going through and that’s why reply #42501 and #42506 sound the same. I tried emailing the board for help and it seems all they did was delete my account and then throw all of my posts on here at the same time. But anyway, for those who don’t know, I am the originator of this thread any posts by anonymous were by me.

kevin887
    Participant
    November 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm #42639

just ignore him see what happrns

1 2