When a guy you are seeing gets a new job and has less time for you…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Christy_35
    Participant
    December 3, 2015 at 11:11 am #89340

An old friend tracked me down a few months ago and although neither of us were looking for anything, it just felt right. A month into it he got distant. He had just relocated back and he knew when his job started he would be really busy. He expressed how he couldn’t do a relationship and I told him we could just be friends. We even took time apart briefly, but he came back saying he missed me being around and wanted to be exclusive with me but worried about his lack of time and disappointing me. I said I support his job and understand, we could just take some time and see how it goes. He calls or texts every day just to say good night or wish me a good day. Last night he said his schedule looks crazy in the near future and he’s sorry (his job is an hour away and was leaving at 8pm). We haven’t seen each other in almost 2 weeks. We just had the conversation, so I don’t want to just give up. I know I shouldn’t hold out hopes b/c establishing a career is important to him, how do I handle?

kid6886
    Participant
    December 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm #89538

I’m going through the same thing! Trying to be patient and hang in there but it’s hard.

Anonymous
    December 6, 2015 at 12:19 pm #89556

ohh nice

lil_bitconfused
    Participant
    December 6, 2015 at 8:21 pm #89559

I would just give it time. It sounds like he’s interested, but super busy. It’s a good thing that he’s texting you and staying in touch instead of no contact at all.

Patience is a virtue..although a difficult one..