When should you put on the brakes?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

abbystheone
    Participant
    February 25, 2013 at 9:39 pm #23615

I went with this guy who told me he loved me on the first date! My mistake was that I continued seeing him for 2 months. He over compensated for everything, like he was trying too hard. He wanted to cook for me, do the dishes, rake the yard, and he even washed my clothes. I should have eaten this up, but instead it bothered me to the point where I finally ended it with him. I probably should have put on the brakes after he said he loved me on the first date, but I thought he was a nice guy. Eventually I became a super bitch and I would even avoid sleeping with him because it bothered me that bad..I didn’t want to hurt him but I felt smothered and wasn’t feeling the same way as he was. I thought maybe I would feel the same for him in time, but as time went on I became more resentful and frustrated.In the end I realized that it was too much too soon and I simply couldn’t do it anymore, so I broke it off with him. His whole world was torn apart and I felt bad, but honestly …we only dated for 2 months.
    Anyone else have a similar experience with someone going too fast ? He would tell me he’d do anything for me and he pretty much did. I felt trapped and it seemed like he was kissing my ass…I hated that! He even told me after I broke it off with him that he would still fix my car. I think he was clingy at best and it kind of freaked me out!

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who has been through this!

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    February 26, 2013 at 10:24 am #23669

Wow! That really is too much. You don’t have to feel bad about leaving him. He doesn’t know what he wants in a woman and probably latched onto a nice person like you to see how long it would last. I personally think that’s close to an obsessive compulsive behavior that could eventually worsen. He probably doesn’t think anything he does is ever good enough and could turn the tables on the woman and blame her. It’s best you got out. 2 months can seem like a long time if see them every day but it’s just like a roller coaster, just bc you were climbing up to a high doesn’t mean it can’t just drop off the cliff and go downhill.

abbystheone
    Participant
    February 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm #23947

As soon as I broke it off with him I felt like a house was lifted off my shoulders. He was definitely obsessed with me and even after I broke it off he would send me these texts saying: I had so much love to give to you, you’ll never find anyone who will treat you better than me. More guilt BS…..ya da ya da ya da!

DorkaRoo
    DorkaRoo
    Participant
    March 1, 2013 at 11:07 am #24326

Be sure he doesn’t come after you! Make sure you’re cool friends because he might be an ocd guy like carly said and it could be freaky!