When to buy presents?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

When to buy presents?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

skelefrog
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 3:07 pm #92701
    When to buy presents?

I’ve been dating someone for a while now; we’ve been on about 5 dates over the past month, but we’re not ‘officially’ an item. Valentine’s Day is obviously coming up, and their birthday is 12th Feb.. is it too early to buy a present, or would that be a nice gesture? Do I buy for only one of those, or both?

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm #92735

Well if you are not officially an item I wouldn’t bother. Forget little gifts. If you are a guy and you like the person, take them out for dinner or for a drink.

ThatCuteNerdyGuy
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 10:01 pm #92738

It would not be harmful, I say go for it man if it feels right then go for it. In my experience, all the girls have taken getting a gift from me on their birthdayas a nice gesture.

moveonfindtheone
    Participant
    February 4, 2016 at 10:13 am #92870

Wow, how thoughtful of you skelefrog….and if I think that, then so will she. It really is a nice gesture Maybe something small for both occasions,It doesn’t have to be lavish and over the top expensive.

Maybe you both have an ‘in-joke’ about something unusual she loves, then get her something related to that.

Take it from a woman, its not how much you spend but the thought that has gone into it.

Hope that helps, and good luck.