When your ex starts contacting you…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Scorpio17
    Participant
    June 19, 2014 at 10:15 pm #55714

My BF of 6 months dumped me out of the blue very coldly 2 weeks ago. Long story short, only 2 weeks later, he forwards me a funny email he thought I’d like with a friendly note telling me what he did over the weekend and signing off with XO, which he used to do when we dated. The next day I get an email from him saying he was going to call me because he needed advice on something. When he called, he was very friendly and upbeat. He told me he was going to be “around all summer” and was asking me what I was up to. I couldn’t get him off the phone, there would be these long pauses where I felt he wanted me to say something. I gave in and suggested we get together when I am in his neck if the woods (NYC) over the summer. He jumped on it and said yes, let’s have coffee, we’ll hang out- it will be nice to see you”. Then he asked me to email him when I go to the Bahamas next week to let him know how it’s going…thoughts?

tsmaniandevil
    tsmaniandevil
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 9:02 pm #55863

We always have that one ex who does this!! It may be too early to tell what his intentions are with you. He could just really have been thinking about you and wants to know how you are doing, or he has a plan to get back with you. If you are going to agree to stay in touch with him, see how it goes. But you don’t have to make him a huge priority right now because after all he broke up with you first. Just take your time and see if he opens up about anything you’ve been wanting to know. Hope this helps, and Good luck!

fatzqueen
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 3:06 am #56745

Cant he just be upfront with you,instead of beating around the bush….?that is if he wants to reconcile,if I were you Id give him a cold shoulder. After all he dumped you coldly as you said,whos to say he wont do so again.

jessica172
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 4:17 pm #56753

Maybe he really wants you. Give it a try if you want him, don’t waste time.. 🙂 goodluck

Baker013
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm #56968

I agree with tsmanian devil it is never to clear with what an ex might want heck I’m facing the same thing except it’s my current girlfriends ex of three years who has been talking to her and I know he is trying to take her back from me. But that’s my story and it’s for a later time. All I can really say is go ahead and be friends but be careful!

ashleysv
    Participant
    July 9, 2014 at 12:37 am #56972

Tough call. Give him another chance? How bad could it be?

LeahG
    Participant
    July 10, 2014 at 2:30 am #57033

I’d be a bit cautious since he broke things off the first time, but since you’re in 6 months which a good period of time to get to know someone it may be worth starting on a friendship basis and seeing how things go from there. Get out and enjoy your life. Be secure in who you are (i.e. Make yourself happy), otherwise if you’re looking for a relationship to make you happy it’s not going to help you in the long run. Good luck whatever you decide to do!

sortitout
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 1:35 am #57164

figure out what you want first. do you want to get back together?

VintageGore
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 7:36 pm #57307

Exes are exes for a reason. Move on. You can do better

CadenceMarcl
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 8:54 am #57653
    Reply To: When your ex starts contacting you…

Maybe he has realized he has done a mistake and hopes you will forgive him. DONT. If you still like him a lot then act like you have plans and you are active. like a lot.

Sayka22
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 1:02 pm #57879

Yes girl!! He misses you! He wants you back. He’s not gonna come right out and say it. He’s just pretending the breakup never happened and that everything should just go back the way it was. If you’re still up for it why not? But be very careful. He might do it again and it’s gonna hurt just as much as it did the first time. But one thing I learned is to never rely on a bf for happiness. Husband always you should but not a boyfriend. They always come and go. Maybe this time he knows that he really wants to be with you and is gonna keep you for himself. Good luck and have a fun trip!!

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 2:30 pm #57890

well since you are just asking for thoughts, I believe its obvious he still wants you. Look some people break up with people for the dumbest reasons. Perhaps he had one too and now he is realizing how dumb he is that he acted upon it. Do you still like him? If so you can just move past the breakup and try again. Most people like to tell you move on hunny cause you don’t need to waste time on someone like that! But it’s up to you if you do like him and care for him then start talking again. If you really don’t, then don’t.

p.s. if you go to the bahamas and start twerking up a storm, then I wouldn’t suggest letting him know about that cause then he’ll get jelly in a quickness.

Justme2014
    Justme2014
    Participant
    July 24, 2014 at 9:36 am #58109

I was in the same boat years ago. I found out that he was just bored and wanted someone to do things with. He was not into having a relationship. Perhaps take it slow and see where it goes the second time around. I recommend that you do not rush into things.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Justme2014 Justme2014.

Anonymous
    July 28, 2014 at 1:05 pm #58410

you need more time apart.. he is lonely and you are the closest thing to him right now.. give it more time and if he is still coming on as strong in a month or so… then you can test the water.. but most likely you will have moved on by then.

Anonymous
    July 29, 2014 at 12:19 am #58433

Ignore. Ignore and ignore. Especially if you are in a relationship. Be very careful. He’s your ex for a reason. Best thing to do is delete you ex’a number entirely. Be done with him or her. But don’t respond.