Where did I go wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Where did I go wrong?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Participant
    February 13, 2016 at 1:32 pm #93511
    Where did I go wrong?

So to start…this really cute girl asks me to send her a vday card, before I didnt even think of her like that but then I started to because it seemed she clearly liked Me and she is attractive. So about a week later I sent one to her class, and I didnt think much would go on from there (because I wasn’t near her when she got the card, and we dont see each other the rest of the day). I get home and I find out she went out of her way(got it from one of our mutual friends) to find my snapchat to “thank me” I guess, ( this was the last day before our break btw). So while im trying to gauge if this was really just a thank you text or what ( she could have just told one of our friends right?) She says something along the lines of “when I realized who the card was from I said “yes!””. Now im dancing and super happy cause it couldn’t be any clearer….so I ask her to prom and she says she doesn’t think she even going to our prom and that if she did she didnt want a date……that’s okay

Participant
    February 13, 2016 at 1:36 pm #93512

I guess…. then a few minutes later I ask her on a date (its Valentines day weekend, then a week off school she cant dub me on this right?) Wrong. She says she’s working all weekend and she’s not sure if she will free during the week….. this was last night we just kinda stopped texting….. I dont know what I did wrong…. if I did anything wrong or where to go from here….. someone help…..

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 9:05 am #93669

If she already sent signals (your perception decides this), then you should be forthcoming with how you feel. Text her up casually like “hey Valentine” or something like that to play off the V-day card you sent her.