Where did I screw up texting her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

September 22, 2015 at 12:24 am #85679

I invited my crush to the soccer game Friday but she wasn’t able to go. But she said that we should hangout over our school break. I got her number and texted her today. Here is our convo…

Me: Hey Sally! It’s Ben. Just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out sometime this week
    Her: Wait Ben who? And I’m at the beach but I get back Saturday!
    Me: Ben Stiller, the new guy at (name of school). Sounds like fun! We should hangout sometime this weekend.
    Her: Ohh hey! I was so confused and thought you were someone I didn’t give my number to ?? but yeah we totally should!
    Me: ? that would be awkward… We should go to (arcade place)! What time do you think you’re getting back this Saturday?

Btw these aren’t our real names haha. What did I do wrong? She did not respond to the last text. I was very straight to the point, possibly too much so?

carkor1
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 7:38 pm #85746

You didn’t screw anything up and are thinking about it way too much. Try just chatting with her a bit before jumping into making specific plans. She probably had something else come up and during break its hard to balance all the fun options out there (and that doesn’t mean other guys – it’s just that you want to make time for friends and family too)

Don’t bring up Saturday again- let that go. Instead message her Sunday and say something like “hey girl, it’s Ben – hope you had a great weekend… Wanna compare notes?”

Develop a bit of report with her and plans to meet will soon follow

confused47
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:07 am #85764

Ya I agree w/ carkor1. I wouldn’t get in touch with her until Sunday unless she contacts you first. I’d stay away from “hey girl” though. Idk why just not a big fan of that, I’m more of a fan of “hey you (insert emoji of choice here), how was your weekend?”.

There is a fine line between building rapport and texting too much it seems like your so bored all you got to do is text. There is only so much you can say over text without actually knowing the person.