Where do I go from here…?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jstei007
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 12:13 pm #73362

About two months ago, I started getting to know this guy better that I have somewhat known for years.. A couple weeks into it, he found out he has a benign tumor pushing against his brainstem that he has to have surgically removed and will leave him deaf in one ear. The surgery is next week… it will last 10 hours, he will be in the hospital for 5-7 days and off of work for at least 6 weeks.

We have gone out on a few dates, spent time together, slept together, and he would text me every day. As the surgery date got closer, I could feel him starting to pull away… and today he told me he wants to be just friends… “for now” becuz he can’t give me more until he’s back on his feet. He said if I want to be there for the surgery I can and I am welcome to come see him in the hospital… and when I asked him if he was breaking it off with me for good, he said “Just for now.”

Ive heard that line from other guys before… and they never wind up coming around. I don’t want to be that

jstei007
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 12:15 pm #73363

pathetic girl that hangs around and at the end of it, he was just trying to break it off without hurting my feelings. I would think if he really liked me, nothing would stop him from being with me… but on the other hand, there is really nothing he will be able to do for me until he’s healed. So do I stick around and be there for him… or do I just move on and forget about him?